Still losing data...

luvDroidh8droid

Reaction score
So I had to look back a week or two to find the last mention of this, but I am wondering if anyone who had a high rate of data loss, very often, like once every couple minutes in 3g areas, have had any luck returning their phone for a new razr and no longer have had any issues?
I still can't figure our if it is the radio or the hardware or something else, but it drops out a lot. Several times already since I have been writing this. It losses data, sometimes bars goes white, then blue, them 1x, then 3g, other times it goes between blue 3g and just blue bars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MJ880

Reaction score
I had this problem for 3 days. They sent me a new phone today. I will let you know what happens. Hooking it up tomorrow.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've traveled from Los Angeles to Austin and I personally think this is a tower/area issue.

In Los Angeles I would regularly 3G and drop data on my Droid. When I upgraded to the RAZR when i was in certain areas I'd lose 4G and subsequently data.

Since arriving in Austin I have had nothing but stellar signal and 4G coverage. Much better than L.A.

Traveling across country I monitored coverage and noticed the obvious (some areas are better than others)

So I think its just how young the network is. As the tech matures I'm sure the coverage will follow. Just a theory but I definitely have noticed the data issue more prevalent in some areas over others.

Sent from Droid RAZR

OP
L

luvDroidh8droid

Reaction score
Thank you, that'd be great. I'm outside Philly, non 4g area and I work in an area, outside, that is in the boonies with sketchy 3g reception. But my Droid x would never drop data, only go into 1x. I have noticed that it goes in spurts, with no real pattern, overhead cover, same location etc. I am passed my 14 days and this is not a new development, I just don't want to spend every other day driving to Verizon.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Does white mean its connected, synching or unconnected?? I have blue wifi signal & white 4G with 3 bars... fast downloads etc...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've traveled from Los Angeles to Austin and I personally think this is a tower/area issue.

In Los Angeles I would regularly 3G and drop data on my Droid. When I upgraded to the RAZR when i was in certain areas I'd lose 4G and subsequently data.

Since arriving in Austin I have had nothing but stellar signal and 4G coverage. Much better than L.A.

Traveling across country I monitored coverage and noticed the obvious (some areas are better than others)

So I think its just how young the network is. As the tech matures I'm sure the coverage will follow. Just a theory but I definitely have noticed the data issue more prevalent in some areas over others.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Agree here I live in Austin and the 4G signal here is pretty damn good in most places. I have noticed one place in town where when I have it on 3G only I will lose all connection, comes back pretty quick most of the time though.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Does white mean its connected, synching or unconnected?? I have blue wifi signal & white 4G with 3 bars... fast downloads etc...

Here is what I've been told...blue 3g/4g and blue bars means connected to google services, white 3g/4g and bars means connected to the network but no data being transfered, no 3g/4g and gray bars means no connection at all. Wifi on Moto phones is always blue...I think. HTC has white WiFi unless there is traffic across the network.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Does white mean its connected, synching or unconnected?? I have blue wifi signal &amp; white 4G with 3 bars... fast downloads etc...<br>
<br>
Here is what I've been told...blue 3g/4g and blue bars means connected to google services, white 3g/4g and bars means connected to the network but no data being transfered, no 3g/4g and gray bars means no connection at all. &nbsp;Wifi on Moto phones is always blue...I think. &nbsp;HTC has white WiFi unless there is traffic across the network.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Thank you!!