Verizon getting worse?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Verizon's service seems to be getting worse? Lately I've been having 3-4 bars 3G, but I've been getting the message that the network is unavailable and to try again later. Other times I will have full 3G, then it cuts in and out a few times and goes back to 1-2 bars 1x, and it keeps switching between 3G and 1x so I can never load a webpage without hitting refresh a few times.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Could be an overloaded network where u are .. if so good luck when the iPhone comes out :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

geoff5093

Reaction score
You can try *228 and updating.....might help.
I've done it a couple times a week or so ago, but once more couldn't hurt.

Could be an overloaded network where u are .. if so good luck when the iPhone comes out :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
So from what I'm seeing from others this doesn't seem to be a nationwide issue, just my area for now, awesome :(

Although there was a thread not that long ago about Verizon's 3G network going down across the country.

cpjr

Reaction score
I think they are starting to get to big for their shoes, time for some network upgrades. I have also noticed a few places that just seem worse than in the past as well.

RBFunk

Reaction score
It could be something as simple as a bad cell, group of cells or MSC. Even a software update gone blooey could be the cause. If you are in a location that has had some bad weather lately, it could even be a freeze / thaw problem.
If you go say 10 miles from where you have the problem, does your service improve?

OP
G

geoff5093

Reaction score
It could be something as simple as a bad cell, group of cells or MSC. Even a software update gone blooey could be the cause. If you are in a location that has had some bad weather lately, it could even be a freeze / thaw problem.
If you go say 10 miles from where you have the problem, does your service improve?
It doesn't help that I live and work in the same area, so you're right, it could be one bad cell/tower. Although I've noticed it as well in another areas, it's just not as bad.

OP
G

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's been happening quite regularly still, here is a screenshot for those who aren't sure what I'm referring to:

CAP201101311027.jpg

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been having the same issue, and I basically live out in the country. I know it's not overloaded. It'll cut in and out constantly, and it's quite annoying.

OP
G

geoff5093

Reaction score
service is the same as always here

but maybe verizon is readying your tower for 4g?
According to Verizon we aren't one of the areas getting 4G anytime soon :(

I've been having the same issue, and I basically live out in the country. I know it's not overloaded. It'll cut in and out constantly, and it's quite annoying.
It is very annoying, and since I work and live only a few miles apart this happens pretty much 24/7 for me. It's not consistent, sometimes it works great, other times it cuts back and forth to 1x, and other times it says full 3G but I can't access any data. Lately I've also been roaming off of US Cellulars tower, with full bars but no 1x or 3G.