Serious Issue when Rebooting

Krispyk

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been in the rooting scene since the droid 1 so i wouldnt call myself an expert but lets say i know my way around... and ive yet to see this issue.. until now.

Everything is peaceful and running fine, but of course me being the inquisitive rom explorer i decided to run the blur 3.0 update.

I should state that prior to running the update i was running the latest version of Liberty Rom on my droid 2.

Downloaded the update... Rebooted into Clockwork... Cleared cache & Installed... Well upon finishing then rebooting... the phone would stay on the motorola logo and basically bootloop.

The only recovery i could boot into was the stock android recovery console... tried to format the cache... same issue. Finally i did a format and got back to stock settings... noticed that i was now running the latest blur with the profile switcher. So finally after re-installing the bootstrap program i was able to get into clockwork and restore to right before installing the blur update. All is well now, only now once i reboot from the shutdown menu... the phone restarts, moto logo comes up, stays for about 2 minutes then screen goes black... i hear a sd card notification but nothing on the screen...haptic buttons light up briefly with the same black screen. Only way out of this is to restart into recovery, format cache... restart.... then phone will boot normally. Can someone explain what i ruined, and if this is a fixable issue??