D2 Not Booting

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had an ongoing issue with my D2 for the past couple of weeks. I dread any time I have to reboot my phone. I'm using the Gummy ROM. When I reboot, I get the "M" logo, and it stays and stays, then finally the screen either goes dark and the bottom lights sometimes light up but is dark, or it just stays eternally on the "M". I'll then be forced to remove the battery. Sometimes it boots back to the "M" again, or sometimes into the Bootstrap Recovery, so I press "Reboot Phone". Then it does it again, stays eternally on "M", goes dark but never fully boots, or probably every 8th try, it finally displays the "DROID" and the bootanimation appears and it finally boots.

I have a program called Cache Cleaner that is automatically cleaning the cache internally and on the SD card every night. Is it possible this could be a culprit? It never happened after I installed Gummy and I don't think that's a culprit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

want a droid

Reaction score
Not sure what's causing it, but start at the top of the list and keep going down til it's fixed:

-Restore a backup of a time when you didn't have this problem
-Wipe/factory reset
-Try a new rom
-sbf

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disabled the Cache cleaner program and rebooted the phone and it successfully rebooted. I have a feeling that program had something to do with it.