Sephtin BarMod - Sephtin Custom Theme

salem667

Reaction score
Thank you droid74... I really do like your themes... Good work man... I look forward to seeing what u accomplish in the future

Droid X

Droid74

Reaction score
Thank you droid74... I really do like your themes... Good work man... I look forward to seeing what u accomplish in the future

Droid X

Hey Thanks!!!! More to come for sure. Im working on apps, another theme, and fixing my mistakes (hehe)

salem667

Reaction score
I cant say anything bout mistakes, bc I have no clue how to even start making anything... All I can do is save my phone from any mistake I make... So far at least...

Droid X

nathanvo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I get the following errors when trying to download the theme:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/sephtin/public_html/sephtincustomtheme/sephtinDownload.php on line 144

Does anybody know what's wrong?

Download options that I use:
Device: Droid X
ROM: rubiX Focused
ROM Version: 1.9.7

Last edited:
OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I get the following errors when trying to download the theme:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/sephtin/public_html/sephtincustomtheme/sephtinDownload.php on line 144

Does anybody know what's wrong?

Download options that I use:
Device: Droid X
ROM: rubiX Focused
ROM Version: 1.9.7

I was updating the site with new donation links for some newly added options.
It should be fixed.. please let me know if it's still happening. :)

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Sephtin Custom Theme site update.. kinda..

Was hoping to have an update by last weekend.. but am running into an issue.

Looking for someone that might be able to assist with one of the following:
--) Free webhosting that allows the use of Java (need it for smali/baksmali to run to decompile/recompile services.jar to theme several components
--) Or help wrapping the above mentioned .jar files into stand alone linux binaries... (Have tried this, but the ones I've made are giving me out of memory errors when running on the webserver. :S

More info here:
Delay on latest update of custom theme site… — sephtin.com

Thanks!
-sephtin (@gmail)

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Was hoping to have an update by last weekend.. but am running into an issue.

Looking for someone that might be able to assist with one of the following:
--) Free webhosting that allows the use of Java (need it for smali/baksmali to run to decompile/recompile services.jar to theme several components
--) Or help wrapping the above mentioned .jar files into stand alone linux binaries... (Have tried this, but the ones I've made are giving me out of memory errors when running on the webserver. :S

More info here:
Delay on latest update of custom theme site… — sephtin.com

Thanks!
-sephtin (@gmail)
is there an update for this coming soon?

WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself! Coming soon!
Soon = however long it takes to finish debugging the new engine (back-end) for the site, and get the new site up and running on the new host. :)

So, since my last post, markfogel has offered hosting on a VPS, that DOES work with java (!!), so, that issue is solved.. Just need to get the site contents moved over to that server...
In the meantime, the engine that ran the existing site was completely re-written from shell/bash into Perl... and with any major overhaul like that come a few bugs... think I've gotten most of them, just need to fix reading config files correctly, and passing the vars back in, and a few multi-line search/replaces, and the shiny and new perl code should be set to run the new site!
Most of the code is on the new site, just need to work around a theme issue or two (since the theme was being pulled from WordPress.. but the new theme site will be on a completely different server than before... so I don't know how to carry over the header/footer.. but I got a buddy, who's a web guy who's looking into it.

I had hoped the engine would be fully functional by the end of the weekend.. *cough*.. but right now, looks like another day or two. Then I figured a few days for the site/theme/etc. stuff.
Next weekend maybe? With some luck, *maybe* next weekend.

deantemple

Reaction score
Take your time septhin. You do great work, can't wait to check out your shiny new site!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Take your time septhin. You do great work, can't wait to check out your shiny new site!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks for the reassurance! :)

Not a matter of taking my time. Only so many hours in a day! :)

I believe I've cracked the shell on the reading config files properly.. going to write them as libraries/modules.. since I want to run code in the config files, not just specify vars. That'll be done tonight at least.

Once I get the other Perl issue worked out, going to put a post up on sephtin.com with the status, some info for testers, etc.

Some kind of update will be there before the weekend.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stuck this thread for Sephtin's amazing work to be more easily found :)

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
this is extrordinary! can't wait to see what you cook up next!
Thank you.
Site engine (script that runs it) appears to be working as expected.. A couple additional changes tonight to make life easier (configuration file wise, and stuff), and then I'll be loading themes on my phone that were made with the new engine.
After that, just need to update the site to the new webhost and have my testers do some testing...

Sorry it's been so long on this one.. these changes are pretty major. :p
The creation of themes used to be only a couple seconds, now it takes a lot longer.. a lot more going on behind the scenes...

Anyway, thanks for the interest.. looking forward to making all of the new stuff available. :)