Sending my rooted razr in for warranty replacement

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Ive been having bad problems with my razr dropping data ever since i got it even after the 2 updates ive done so i called tech support last night and after talking to level 2 techs they were checking things and said that he couldnt even see what kind of phone i had which means that when the sim card authenticates its supposed to send back 2 the network the phone model and things like that but mine never has and he didnt know if it was the phone or the sim card so they sent me both.

Anyway, the phone is rooted and has safestrap installed but i havent installed any custom roms or anything yet. How far will they look into the phone when they get it at the warranty dept? Would it be sufficient to just uninstall safestrap, use voodoo rootkeeper to do a (temporay) unroot, then do a factory reset? I really dont want them to charge me $649 for the new phone because they found out it had been rooted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
They probably won't check for root, and even if they found you had rooted they probably wouldn't care. Probably. Probably. PROBABLY.

Don't risk the $650. Flash it back to stock/unrooted.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Im sure they would care since rooting voids your warranty, and they are sending me a warranty exchange, if they find a reason that the warranty is void, they will charge you

Kathode

Reaction score
Any chance that there is a way to do an unroot with a mac?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Any chance that there is a way to do an unroot with a mac?

I understand there are Devs working on it but I am not aware of a working process to accomplish this in an Apple environment. Perhaps someone else who either knows otherwise or has a Mac and can confirm a working process can chime in?

xmguy

Reaction score
Know its been said. But I agree. Dont risk a charge back. Unroot it. The FXZ for the Razr is out now. It will flash to total stock. No root methods can pass through that.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!