Razr Replacement Parts?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The problem I see is, it's been out of stock for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The problem I see is, it's been out of stock for quite a while.

I think the more likely truth is that the battery isn't even yet available. It has a section below the ad that asks for people to tell them how much they want it in order to determine what the demand is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I think the more likely truth is that the battery isn't even yet available. It has a section below the ad that asks for people to tell them how much they want it in order to determine what the demand is.

Yep, I think you're right I've been calling it vaporware.

razruser10

Reaction score
I have replacement parts for the Droid razr. Batteries and screens. Are you still in need?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have replacement parts for the Droid razr. Batteries and screens. Are you still in need?

Please post parts and costs for all to see. Also if and when you get RAZR MAXX back covers and batteries please let us know.

razruser10

Reaction score
Availability is high right now, so prices right now are $180 for screens, $50 for batteries and backs. Also have cameras and motherboards for $100. Razr maxx replacement batteries will not be available for 4-6 Weeks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Availability is high right now, so prices right now are $180 for screens, $50 for batteries and backs. Also have cameras and motherboards for $100. Razr maxx replacement batteries will not be available for 4-6 Weeks.

Exciting news. Quick question, will/do the batteries and backs come with the necessary double-sided tape? Are the replacement backs OEM Kevlar backs, and are the batteries also Motorola OEM as well?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Email me with order info for a new Razr battery! You are my hero! ...provided it is legit OE product. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

razruser10

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I've spent the majority of the past couple days laying by my toilet. Everything is OEM. As of thurs the OEM double sided tape packs were not available to us. That situation might have changed but I haven't been in the shop the past few days. However, speaking from experience finding a substitute is easy.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry for the delay. I've spent the majority of the past couple days laying by my toilet. Everything is OEM. As of thurs the OEM double sided tape packs were not available to us. That situation might have changed but I haven't been in the shop the past few days. However, speaking from experience finding a substitute is easy.

Great! I would suggest you warn everyone that the battery should be firmly affixed into place with the adhesive tape underneath and the top crosspiece should also be screwed down tight BEFORE they screw down the terminals - else they risk tearing the ribbon. Also BOTH screws should be partially seated BEFORE tightening either one as if you only tighten one, it can torque the strip and tear it before you've gotten the other screw into place. Finally that the adhesive on the top of the battery should only be applied once EVERYTHING is done and the last step prior to re-fitting the case back. Also, the top of the case back should be snapped into place before running down the sides and then across the bottom. I've found that everything seats much easier and cleaner if following this process.

I also have a tried and true method of removal of the back if and when anyone wants to know.

razruser10

Reaction score
Great! I would suggest you warn everyone that the battery should be firmly affixed into place with the adhesive tape underneath and the top crosspiece should also be screwed down tight BEFORE they screw down the terminals - else they risk tearing the ribbon. Also BOTH screws should be partially seated BEFORE tightening either one as if you only tighten one, it can torque the strip and tear it before you've gotten the other screw into place. Finally that the adhesive on the top of the battery should only be applied once EVERYTHING is done and the last step prior to re-fitting the case back. Also, the top of the case back should be snapped into place before running down the sides and then across the bottom. I've found that everything seats much easier and cleaner if following this process.

I also have a tried and true method of removal of the back if and when anyone wants to know.

Full video on razr disassembly on YouTube. The tab is worthless. Best thing to do is get a pry tool and use it around the outside on the battery. The batteries have the pattern for the double sided tape just no tape.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Full video on razr disassembly on YouTube. The tab is worthless. Best thing to do is get a pry tool and use it around the outside on the battery. The batteries have the pattern for the double sided tape just no tape.

Thanks for the link to the video. Many of us have seen it. I am not totally impressed with the "tecnhician's" technique. He is nervous, rough with the phone's back, and doesn't show you what is actually involved in separating the back Kevlar from the battery. He actually edits the video and removes the entire part where he's wrestling with the double-sided tape to free the Kevlar from it. That's misleading.

The double-sided tape has a quite a grip on that Kevlar and if you pull either too hard or too quickly you will do damage to the battery, the tape, or the back. Pulling too hard on the battery will de-laminate the battery's plastic film wrap from the battery itself potentially causing irreparable damage to the battery. The battery is relatively flexible as well, so excess wrenching of the battery can crease it and potentially render it permanently damaged, and can also be a potential fire hazard if the battery's internal laminations should somehow come in contact with each other creating an internal short. These batteries are known for being capable of bursting into flame and starting fires if physically damaged.

Since the Kevlar is flexible and yet the frame for the back is semi-rigid, excess pressure from pulling, twisting and prying can either bend the frame past the point of return or crack it - either way potentially rendering it useless. I removed a back from one of the RAZRs and it took steady yet gentle prying at a very mild angle to dislodge the tape without either tearing the tape or battery, or cracking or over-bending the frame for the back cover. dislodging the clips along the phone's edge is the easy part. To safely remove the cover from the battery took about 4 or 5 minutes alone. Another thing to be concerned with is that if the frame for the back cover is in any way overstressed, it will not seat well and can impact the phone's water resistance.

yet another thing I don't like about the video is that it doesn't stress being careful with the tabs along the edges to prevent permanent damage while prying them open. It also doesn't stress that you want to flex the back cover out along the edges to lift it away rather than simply pulling it up and off, since it fits AROUND the lip of the front cover. If you don't know that, you might think the back cover fits INSIDE the lip of the front cover, and by pulling incorrectly you'll strip or break off the tiny lock tabs.

I agree that the battery tab is worthless, but that's because they use the double-sided tape to hold the battery against the motherboard as well. It's a shame though, they didn't give a little length to the battery's ribbon connector because I know of at least ONE phone which when dropped popped the back cover loose at the bottom left corner, the battery broke loose from the tape holding it into the phone and remained attached to the cover, causing it to tear the ribbon connector. This person is one of the ones here on the forum who is now looking for a replacement battery.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Are any of the batteries still available I desperately need one

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

lynkd34d

Reaction score

Where can I get a new LCD screen? seems $180 is about as cheap as they're going to get right now, do you have links?

davoIII

Reaction score
Does any one know if its possible to get the parts from a maxx and put it on a razr? I figured buying the parts and doing it my self will be cheaper