[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [NIGHTLIES]

Big D

Reaction score
I'm on 4/8 but it's been doing this on every one - through multiple reformats, wipes and flashes.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Daaz

Reaction score
so is embedded video not working because of codecs or flash?

dustyjerran

Reaction score
handcent mms working ics

What activation thing?
So then how did you get to 5.7.906?
I have Handcent it doesn't seem to be able to fix the underlying flaw.
Also I am 100% sure that MMS works on my stock, and on my past monsterROM and MavRom. This is very frustrating, is no one else having this issue?

ok i was just able to get mms working using handcent what did was just opened settings then apps go to handcent and hit force stop and clear all data and also i read somewhere that u need to have the area code in the contacts number to send it i dont know if it is true or not cause i have area code on all of mine but clearing data worked for me hopefully it will for u

javipoo

Reaction score
The backlight keyboard is an issue for me too. But if you make it ' auto ' it 'should' work.
Video Calling doesn't work for now. you can see the other person they can't see you.
FC most of the time. Tried skype,oovoo, and a few other ones.
Video's are a bit iffy. very much a stagger and stutter if using youtube/mobile browser.
Rockplayer; avi-mkv work no problem however, if I run them from the SD card.
DROID 3 -04/10 nightlies AOKP.
SMOOTH ROM. Loving it.

krazyace38

Reaction score
The backlight keyboard is an issue for me too. But if you make it ' auto ' it 'should' work.
Video Calling doesn't work for now. you can see the other person they can't see you.
FC most of the time. Tried skype,oovoo, and a few other ones.
Video's are a bit iffy. very much a stagger and stutter if using youtube/mobile browser.
Rockplayer; avi-mkv work no problem however, if I run them from the SD card.
DROID 3 -04/10 nightlies AOKP.
SMOOTH ROM. Loving it.

You will have the video issues till video codes are added Hashcode no his team are working very hard on it :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

macro6

Reaction score
Not to sound like an ass, but hash seems to have quite a load on his shoulders...video codecs have been in the works for quite some time now. I love and respect everything hash and others involved have produced for the ics-droid 3 world but I'm beginning to worry that by the time the rom is fully functional, there will be a new "cleverly named desert" update on its way to newer phones. I guess my patience is running thin and I'm just letting off some steam. I especially get disappointed when I see more and more developers come out with "a new ics rom" for droid 3 when all it is compromised of is all of hash's and others' work with colored icons and other bullcrap that doesn't fix the known issues. Again, I know I sound like an ass and I expect some hate from this post, but there has to be others out there that feel as I do. Regardless, I will still be waiting for the fully functional rom and will be like a little kid on his birthday when it's finally here. Keep up the much appreciated work developers, and stop coming out with roms that just chance the colors of work that others have compiled!...there....I feel much better saying that now. :)

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

klaugh

Reaction score
I am contemplating using this but first I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a couple of questions.

I have read some threads and sites and I know there are a few "known issues", which include video playback issues, camera issues and bluetooth issues.

Personally, bluetooth and camera issues I can easily live with until they're fixed in due course, so the primary concern I have is the video playback issues that are claimed.

What extent are these "issues?" Does it prevent all video playback? Certain types of video playback? Basically, I don't understand what exactly is affected by the "HW Video Codecs (in progress)" that is listed on Motorola Droid 3 – CyanogenMod – Status « Hash-of-Codes, could someone either point me to a previous posting or provide personal anecdotes?

I am thinking in primary terms of Netflix, Skype, Youtube, browser-flash-videos.

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I am contemplating using this but first I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a couple of questions.

I have read some threads and sites and I know there are a few "known issues", which include video playback issues, camera issues and bluetooth issues.

Personally, bluetooth and camera issues I can easily live with until they're fixed in due course, so the primary concern I have is the video playback issues that are claimed.

What extent are these "issues?" Does it prevent all video playback? Certain types of video playback? Basically, I don't understand what exactly is affected by the "HW Video Codecs (in progress)" that is listed on Motorola Droid 3 – CyanogenMod – Status « Hash-of-Codes, could someone either point me to a previous posting or provide personal anecdotes?

any video i have tried playing has work and they are avi or mp4 however i have noticed that youtube has issues but anything that is just on an sd card has worked fine for me in mx player and it has setting to choose how to play it and they all work great

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
any video i have tried playing has work and they are avi or mp4 however i have noticed that youtube has issues but anything that is just on an sd card has worked fine for me in mx player and it has setting to choose how to play it and they all work great
Same here. No issues with AVI and MP4. I should also note that I'm using MXPlayer, which allows you to toggle back and forth between HW and SW playback. I've noticed that HW can be laggy, but absolutely no problems with SW decoding. Of course, we're talking bitrates around 1000Kbps, not huge MKVs or Bluray rips.

-Matt

krazyace38

Reaction score

I am thinking in primary terms of Netflix, Skype, Youtube, browser-flash-videos.

HW Video Codes (in progress) means the on board video camera doesn't work yet and the developer's are working on it. As far as what video does and doesn't work ; youtube works but sometimes a little wonky and videos you have on sdcard work and videos like Netflix some people have said don't work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

zachjen

Reaction score
is there a way to turn up the brightness for the automatic brightness setting? seems too dark at the default level. thanks

slayer621

Reaction score
is there a way to turn up the brightness for the automatic brightness setting? seems too dark at the default level. thanks

By going under settings, display, automatic brightness, check "Use Custom" and tap "Edit other levels".

The two left columns (Lower and Upper) are the range of brightness that your phone is in. Meaning it will be very high if the sun is shining directly on it, and very low if you are using it with the lights off in bed. The "Screen" category is the brightness of the screen during the range of environmental brightness. Play around with the "Screen" column. If you want everything brighter, I'l increase all the numbers in that column by 50 or so.

zachjen

Reaction score
By going under settings, display, automatic brightness, check "Use Custom" and tap "Edit other levels".

Under Display i don't have "Automatic Brightness". I'm on the 4/17 version if it matters.

uploadfromtaptalk1334766126935.jpg