Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit Orders..

Reks

Reaction score
Just got mine and tried using it in the car; either the cradle is faulty or the cigarette charger is because it does not charge my phone.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My sense of direction is really bad. I get lost in the local walmart and have to ask for directions to the front door. :) My tomtom has seen it's better days (takes 10 mins to locate the satellites - even with downloading gps fix from tomtom home regularly) and it won't hold a charge at all.
I love my droid for navigation and want a car dock. But I'm really paranoid about it falling off the windshield. Any words of comfort on this?
Sorry for rambling, but my coffee just kicked in.

Rudy

Reaction score
Just got mine in today. Haven't had much time to be able to use it but for the small amount of time i have used it it seems fine. It sticks to the window pretty easy and also has a quick release to take it off. The droid also slides in very smoothly and i don't feel like there should be any problems with the droid falling off of it. I'll post up later with some more stuff.

Does it come with anything to mount to your dashboard?

no it doesn't, only for the windshield.

This is incorrect. It comes with an adhesive pedestal, and a very nicely included cleaning wipe to clean the dashboard.

The window mount is SOLID. I can assure you that this thing is not going anywhere, but you can always use the dash mount so gravity is on your side. The USB connection has good "teeth" on it, so it's very secure as well.

The only gripe I have is that my dad said he kept hearing himself echo when i had him on speaker. I wonder if this is a product of the case reflecting sound, or if the fact that my case was one of the first ones, without the hole drilled in the back, is causing my noise cancellation to not work well.

qoncept

Reaction score
$50 is just plain too much. The desktop cradle and case I bought were expensive but great. I'd love a car dock but I can't see paying that much for one. Maybe if they have a coupon or a deal I happen to catch..

Last edited:

Snagtooth

Reaction score
Here are the pictures promised of my setup using a Pro-Clip mount with the Seidio car kit.

I am very pleased with the results as it blends well with the interior of my Prius which is my work/commuter car and it does not obstruct the MFD or the windshield. I tried to give a sense of this with these quick pics. Pardon the flash, but I used my compact camera instead of the DSLR. (Been plowing snow all day and was feeling lazy!)

This is an expensive setup when all the parts are considered, but I prefer form and function which made it worth it to me. Hope this is helpful for folks.

Reks

Reaction score
Here are the pictures promised of my setup using a Pro-Clip mount with the Seidio car kit.

I am very pleased with the results as it blends well with the interior of my Prius which is my work/commuter car and it does not obstruct the MFD or the windshield. I tried to give a sense of this with these quick pics. Pardon the flash, but I used my compact camera instead of the DSLR. (Been plowing snow all day and was feeling lazy!)

This is an expensive setup when all the parts are considered, but I prefer form and function which made it worth it to me. Hope this is helpful for folks.

Just curious how you attached the seidio cradle to the proclip mount I might be interested in doing this as well.

Snagtooth

Reaction score
All Pro-Clip mounts are modular meaning, you buy the mounting bracket and the appropriate mounting plate for your application. You can find combo kits depending on your needs. I order direct typically. Direct is usually faster than 3rd party sites (www.proclipusa.com).

You'll want the 4-prong Richter mounting plate to attach to whatever mounting bracket you choose. They can be glued, adhesive taped or screwed onto the bracket. I screw mount mine together as they have multiple attachment holes, can be taken apart and mixed and matched for different setups. Again, kind of an expensive way to go but very flexible and as close to a factory look as you can get easily.

Reks

Reaction score
All Pro-Clip mounts are modular meaning, you buy the mounting bracket and the appropriate mounting plate for your application. You can find combo kits depending on your needs. I order direct typically. Direct is usually faster than 3rd party sites (www.proclipusa.com).

You'll want the 4-prong Richter mounting plate to attach to whatever mounting bracket you choose. They can be glued, adhesive taped or screwed onto the bracket. I screw mount mine together as they have multiple attachment holes, can be taken apart and mixed and matched for different setups. Again, kind of an expensive way to go but very flexible and as close to a factory look as you can get easily.

Awesome thanks, now I just need an Innotraveler that actually works.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
I appreciate the pics. I've spent waaaay to much of the last month or so trying to decide on a solution for hard wiring a charging mount in my car, and I think this is the best solution for me as well. I have been waiting to see pics of the Seidio cradle in a dash mount, though. I can't stand window mounts, I would rather not have to manually connect power, and I use the Seidio case already. The only drawback is that the Seidio cradle is so bulky, and I will never use their extended battery, so that's just wasted space.

Still debating on the car mount - I think I'm leaning toward Panavise over Pro-Clip.

Snagtooth, does your mount allow you to position the phone vertically as well as horizontally?

Snagtooth

Reaction score
Yes, I can place the mount either way and am not overly concerned that it would fall out. The mounting plate I use has a "swivel" that can be tightened via screw to either loosen or tighten the "swivel" action.

I prefer the horizontal orientation, but prior to the seidio mount I used an adjustable proclip holder that could also swivel with this same mounting arm. This gave the advantage of using in both orientations, but did not have the magnet for enabling nav mode. Although I suppose you could rig that up with it. This later mentioned option is the slimmest option you will find in my opinion. The Seidio is bulkier, but again I prefer the horizontal orientation, magnet for nav mode, and the usb out potential. Note, if you opt for the adjustable holder, you need to plug directly into the phone usb charging port (which is still easily accessible in this manner) and find the sweet spot for "firmness" if you wish to use it in horizontal mode so that the phone is not so loose as to fall out. (Not difficult, but worth noting. My phone has never fell out in either orientation with either option.)

tswarren

Reaction score
USB adaptor included with Seidio car dock?

I'm a bit confused.

I received my Seidio car dock yesterday, and on p.2 and p. 4 of the documentation it states that a mini-USB to USB adaptor is included, so you can use the port on the side of the dock to charge another device.

My dock didn't come with one, so I wrote to Seidio customer service, who said it wasn't included. Now other Seidio car docks such as the one for the iphone seem to have included this with the dock, so I'm wondering, why is it listed in the documentation as being included but not shipped with the unit for the Droid.

I haven't had a chance to drive with the dock yet, but the slide-in and out fit for the Droid is very smooth for putting the phone in and out of the dock, not a struggle like the first Seidio desktop charger I received (which I had to return for exchange due to a charging problem and the stiffness of the fit with the phone).

Any insight on the adaptor question is appreciated, and I'll report back my experiences with the car dock.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Yes, I can place the mount either way and am not overly concerned that it would fall out. The mounting plate I use has a "swivel" that can be tightened via screw to either loosen or tighten the "swivel" action.

I prefer the horizontal orientation, but prior to the seidio mount I used an adjustable proclip holder that could also swivel with this same mounting arm. This gave the advantage of using in both orientations, but did not have the magnet for enabling nav mode...

Thanks. But I'm a little confused. At first you say that the Seidio cradle is mounted with the ProClip swivel adapter, so it can rotate to horizontal or vertical with just a twist. Then you say that your previous setup gave you the advantage of swiveling on the mount. Sounds like both of these setups had that advantage - what am I missing?

KK6PD

Reaction score
One other thing.. (Hey Seidio) I filled out the online RMA form requesting a new replacement mini USB cigarette lighter charger that same day and I have yet to hear back... Not even a confirmation email. For 50$ I'd expect better components and WAY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE! You hear me Seidio? I'm not a happy customer... make this right!
-Giovanni

Please PM me your order #, I will follow up the RMA Monday (2/1)

Sorry about the problem,

Seidio

YEAH ME TOO!!!!

Maybe I can make the RMA process work this way, , I sure ain't getting anywhere calling. ...

Hey Seidio, Look up order # 305403 or SE#258982 There are both numbers on my receipt. This Desktop Cradle WENT BAD!. I filled out RMA Online also....weeks ago, still waiting, CALLED 3 TIMES over the past 2 weeks......still waiting,
What has to happen to get a RMA number.
The replacement you sent works fine...however I want to send the defective one back so I do not get charged for the replacement unit.
Buying two, and a replacement, has been enough excitment for this year so far...

I do LOVE the Innocase, fits perfectly in hand, solid, looks good. Put it in a New Yok Cellphones Cordura case...Sweet COMBO!!!
You guys need to come with a case thats DEPENDABLE for folks who actually work for a living and sweat, build, lift, and or otherwise do more than sit at a desk watching TV on the company computer!!!

PM me or repy in this forum, I do need some help, but nobodys home!
or try [email protected]
Thanks

Pat KK6PD

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
I appreciate the pics. I've spent waaaay to much of the last month or so trying to decide on a solution for hard wiring a charging mount in my car, and I think this is the best solution for me as well. I have been waiting to see pics of the Seidio cradle in a dash mount, though. I can't stand window mounts, I would rather not have to manually connect power, and I use the Seidio case already. The only drawback is that the Seidio cradle is so bulky, and I will never use their extended battery, so that's just wasted space.

Still debating on the car mount - I think I'm leaning toward Panavise over Pro-Clip.

Snagtooth, does your mount allow you to position the phone vertically as well as horizontally?
Looks like we were in the same boat. I finally bit the bullet and bought the Seidio car dock and I'm happy with it. In my case the extra bulk doesn't matter so much because it gives me some clearance from the overhang of the dash. ie, the bulky dock would be there or it would just be empty space.

My plan is to build a mount myself for it. I have a single DIN aftermarket stereo in my Sequoia. I'm going to move the stereo to the bottom of the double DIN space and use something probably as simple as a 2x2 piece of lumber (painted black) and fasten the clip that comes with the dock to it. Then I can slide the dock on and off as I please. I PMed the rep here to see if I can get another one so I could use the windshield mount in my other car and swap it back and forth easily. Just need to get a picture of the clip so he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

there doesn't seem to be a way to mount it vertically, which is disappointing but not a dealbreaker for me. you could mount the thing sideways, but it seems it would be easy for the phone to fall out if you did.

$50 is expensive, but in my case it really was my only option. It's working out well so I don't feel like I wasted any money. Once I get my mount sorted I'll post pictures. I'm also going to wire in my Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway for streaming music to my stereo.