Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit

Snagtooth

Reaction score
True, but I use mine with the AUX audio port for audio when I want it, otherwise my car has BT for handsfree phone function.

joker402

Reaction score
I cheapened out on that option and now I wish I hand'nt

r314bd

Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail today...here are some pics :)

83998357.jpg

22156844.jpg

50067671.jpg

66592025.jpg

Last edited:

Sedako

Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple days, and I realized that it was not charging my phone. The car dock is receiving power from the included cable, as indicated by the green LED on the front. Will call Seidio and get this figured out.

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Sedako said:
I've had mine for a couple days, and I realized that it was not charging my phone. The car dock is receiving power from the included cable, as indicated by the green LED on the front. Will call Seidio and get this figured out.
Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help if you haven't get in touch with us yet! Please provide us with your order number and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Bohemian

Reaction score
Sedako said:
Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help if you haven't get in touch with us yet! Please provide us with your order number and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,
On mine,
After closer examination of the power plug, I find that it has been pushed back into it's mounting point. I can pull it up with some small pliers, but it falls back in with just a touch.
Has this been a problem in other units?
Has this been addressed in this replacement?
I also bought the home media stand that I haven't really used yet. I am worried that if this was a design flaw of the plug, the stand will fail in the same manner.

Sedako

Reaction score
My order number was #315306.

On mine,
After closer examination of the power plug, I find that it has been pushed back into it's mounting point. I can pull it up with some small pliers, but it falls back in with just a touch.
Has this been a problem in other units?
Has this been addressed in this replacement?
I also bought the home media stand that I haven't really used yet. I am worried that if this was a design flaw of the plug, the stand will fail in the same manner.

I actually suspect this with mine as well. It doesn't appear to sit completely level when it's in the cradle.

HousePlant

Reaction score
Same Problem

My Seidio car mount has the same problem with the USB port getting pushed back into the case. This is very frustrating, why does this thing cost $50? It's a few bits of plastic and some wires molded together and not even that is done well. Very dissatisfied.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: the included USB cable was broken too. Go Seidio!

Last edited:

pudah

Reaction score
My Seidio car mount has the same problem with the USB port getting pushed back into the case. This is very frustrating, why does this thing cost $50? It's a few bits of plastic and some wires molded together and not even that is done well. Very dissatisfied.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: the included USB cable was broken too. Go Seidio!

I agree. Its a great concept but poorly executed and constructed for it's cost.

Chigga311

Reaction score
Does this car mount block the camera?
Also i have the Motorola hard plastic case, that came with the slide in holster.
Will this case fit with the Sedio dock?

scube

Reaction score
Just plugged my Droid into the travel dock and the view from the camera is not blocked at all.

My USB cable form Seidio is also bunk. Whenever I plug this cable into my car dock w/ Droid mounted I get random actions on the touch screen (once it went into market and almost purchased some random app?!?!?). Looking into the PC side of the USB cable I can see that instead of 4 contacts there are only 3 w/ one of them replaced w/ a black piece of plastic.

I used my USB cable from my PSP and it works in the car dock w/ no random actions on the touch screen. Very bizarre. :wacko:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I SOOOO wanted to love this setup, but the dock is way too bulky and I need 2 hands to remove the phone now. Even without the direct sunlight and the heating of the phone, I can't charge the phone and use GPS now. Mind you, it will charge with my iGo charger while using GPS. Plus, the Innocase was fragile enough to snap 2 of the tabs holding on the face. It was very snug, but didn't help that I needed to remove it for routine cleaning and as careful as I was, they just snapped off.

So, I'm back to naked Droid and need to purchase desktop cradles and the standard car dock all over again after selling my originals. I should have held on to them. No more Seidio products for me.

Bohemian

Reaction score
Well, my replacement car kit has the same problem the first did. The power plug to the droid pushed back into mount and will not make contact to power unit.