Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit Orders..

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Droidster163, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Droidster163

Droidster163 New Member

Anyone order their's yet? I saw they where taking orders already so i placed mine last night. I was hoping they would send me a coupon with my cradle i just bought but nothing..
  2. Droidster163

Droidster163 New Member

Lol wow so guess nobody ordered one!
  3. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

they're building one just for you :icon_ banana:
  4. Reks

Reks New Member

Just ordered mine couldn't find any coupons. Any idea what kind of accessories come with it.
  5. dafischman

dafischman New Member

Unfortunately at $50 it's just too pricey for me. It appears nice, but I'm looking at some of the generic gripper types that can be had for substantially less. Too bad too, since I really like their case and media dock, although I bought them in the package and was able to add the 10% discount they had so the price was a bit better.
  6. nickfro

nickfro New Member

I also decided to purchase a less expensive product. My real concern was that the car dock is just that -- a dock. I'm not sure how well it will hold the phone in a condition where there was substantial vibration (read that as Pittsburgh roads in the winter -- the place where potholes are born!)...
  7. Snagtooth

Snagtooth New Member

Ordered mine a couple days ago. It is expensive yes, but I have a pro-clip dash mount that I plan to fit this to for a very sleek and almost factory look. I use the nav mode alot since I travel for work and the price for the professional look and functionality made it worth it to me. I'll post some pics when I get it and have it all set up.
  8. Rudy

Rudy New Member

being able to plug my phone into the dock and charge is worth it for me. The micro usb outputs are nice too.
  9. password_droid

password_droid New Member

if theres any group buy for this let me know...
  10. Droidster163

Droidster163 New Member

Just got mine in today. Haven't had much time to be able to use it but for the small amount of time i have used it it seems fine. It sticks to the window pretty easy and also has a quick release to take it off. The droid also slides in very smoothly and i don't feel like there should be any problems with the droid falling off of it. I'll post up later with some more stuff.
  11. Reks

Reks New Member

Does it come with anything to mount to your dashboard?
  12. Droidster163

Droidster163 New Member

no it doesn't, only for the windshield.
  13. strangeways

strangeways New Member

Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit

I got mine 3 days ago! The dock is very impressive. Top quality Dock.[​IMG] Works great with my Seidio case. All is well except for the broken mini USB cigarette lighter charger they sent.:icon_evil: Fortunately I have a spare one from my other phone, but I'm pretty miffed of the crappy quality of the charger they sent. The Dock works great otherwise.

One other thing.. (Hey Seidio) I filled out the online RMA form requesting a new replacement mini USB cigarette lighter charger that same day and I have yet to hear back... Not even a confirmation email. For 50$ I'd expect better components and WAY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE! You hear me Seidio? I'm not a happy customer... make this right! If I had not had a spare mini USB charger laying around.. This dock would be useless.:mad:

-Giovanni
  14. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Please PM me your order #, I will follow up the RMA Monday (2/1)

Sorry about the problem,

Seidio
  15. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Now that is good customer service right there. Also I love how manufacturers for DROID products are on here and active. Great job Seidio!
    Back to topic though, I'm still on the fence about buying it. I don't use my gps that frequently that I need a dock and besides I just use my ears and listen for the streets, haha. But this summer I will be doing alot of traveling so odds are I will make the investment.

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  16. arty2hottie

arty2hottie New Member

mine gets here monday or tuesday I will post back what i think when I get it.
  17. Reks

Reks New Member

Just got mine and tried using it in the car; either the cradle is faulty or the cigarette charger is because it does not charge my phone.
  18. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

My sense of direction is really bad. I get lost in the local walmart and have to ask for directions to the front door. :) My tomtom has seen it's better days (takes 10 mins to locate the satellites - even with downloading gps fix from tomtom home regularly) and it won't hold a charge at all.
    I love my droid for navigation and want a car dock. But I'm really paranoid about it falling off the windshield. Any words of comfort on this?
    Sorry for rambling, but my coffee just kicked in.
  19. Rudy

Rudy New Member

This is incorrect. It comes with an adhesive pedestal, and a very nicely included cleaning wipe to clean the dashboard.

The window mount is SOLID. I can assure you that this thing is not going anywhere, but you can always use the dash mount so gravity is on your side. The USB connection has good "teeth" on it, so it's very secure as well.

The only gripe I have is that my dad said he kept hearing himself echo when i had him on speaker. I wonder if this is a product of the case reflecting sound, or if the fact that my case was one of the first ones, without the hole drilled in the back, is causing my noise cancellation to not work well.
  20. qoncept

qoncept New Member

$50 is just plain too much. The desktop cradle and case I bought were expensive but great. I'd love a car dock but I can't see paying that much for one. Maybe if they have a coupon or a deal I happen to catch..
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
Search tags for this page

sgmd1