Seidio 3500 mah super extended battery for HTC Droid Eris

theacousticprophet

Reaction score
That's great! And thank you for coming to our forums!

As per another existing unanswered thread here... Are there plans for an innocase style case/holder to use with this battery? If so, any details on price and availability?

ib2qwik2c

Reaction score
Nice! This is exactly how the extended battery for the droid A855 should be!
ultra high capacity and it actually looks pretty good... not too thick and with a door that emcompasses the whole back of the phone

lowtech

Reaction score
The photos on the Seidio site look as though this battery almost doubles the thickness of the phone... is that true?

lowtech

Reaction score
lowtech I thought the same thing,And what cases will fit, or holsters?

This is given as the measurements for the Eris: 4.45 X 2.19 X 0.51 inches (113.04 X 55.5 X 12.96 mm), so it does not double the thickness, but it certainly does add to it. Too much?

We really need a guinea pig here...! :wink:

OP
S

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Shipping for this 3500 mah super extended battery for Eris began today (1/11). Thank you for the patience.

Seidio

mark1wat

Reaction score
The descriptions says....

"Adds only 3-4mm to your device"

That makes it a little thinner that the screen portion of the droid. It is about 5 mm.

Eris552

Reaction score
Mine is already ordered should be here by friday ordered sunday morning im looking forward to not having to be stingy with all my extras on the eris.

erikzen

Reaction score
I'm not knocking the product and it's great to have vendor support in the forums. However for $70 plus shipping wouldn't it just make more sense to buy the Motorola Droid with better battery life, faster processor, and latest operating system be worth spending the extra $25?

The reason I bought the HTC instead of the Motorola was strictly on price. Maybe I'm in the minority.

DJ262501

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a style case that may fit the 3500mAh battery? I don't mind getting the battery, but I would prefer a style case that covers the phone. Any suggestions?

Bigwidge

Reaction score
I have the same question as you, I dont mind getting the bigger battery, I think it actually might come in handy, but before I purchase it I would like to know if there is a case and maybe a review from somebody who has already purchased the 3500 mah battery to let me know that it will be worthwhile

fbm111

Reaction score
I'm not knocking the product and it's great to have vendor support in the forums. However for $70 plus shipping wouldn't it just make more sense to buy the Motorola Droid with better battery life, faster processor, and latest operating system be worth spending the extra $25?

The reason I bought the HTC instead of the Motorola was strictly on price. Maybe I'm in the minority.

I had the droid and took it back. Mainly due to the size and I felt the Eris touch screen is much nicer than the droids. Like the looks also better. But would like better battery life.

kacansas03

Reaction score
Great sounding battery but....

I like the sound of 3500 mAh but I am not sure the volume keys will work with the new back. The 1750 mAh seems a little silly given how much battery these droid Eris use. I also can't find a measurement on what thickness the Eris will become with this battery. I wish there were better pictures and more specifications available on Seido's web site since I must buy from them. Can you guys at Seido do that?? Let me know.