*** Security Warning *** question

DROID11

Reaction score
I messed up trying to return my phone to stock. I put the wrong PG50IMG on my sd and flashed it at the wrong time. Stupid mistake, but I was busy chasing my new dog around and didn't realize what I was doing. Now back to the point:
I ordered a warranty replacement for a bad touchscreen, and intended to return it to stock before I sent it back, but I was wondering if I sent it back like this would they automatically know I had it rooted? Below the Security Warning, it says MECHA XD SHIP S-ON, so I was thinking this would help my case. I'm really not trying to get charged for something when the original defect had nothing to do with my phone being rooted, but I understand that I did 'void' or temporarily void my warranty while it was rooted.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the phone boot normally? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. Can you re-flash an RUU?

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Does the phone boot normally? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. Can you re-flash an RUU?

Thanks for the reply. I appologize I had little information earlier, I was in a hurry to get to work. The phone will not boot normally it only boots in fastboot and hboot. I try to boot to recovery and it goes back to fastboot. Before I left for work I downloaded a file from XDA (that I cannot cite at this time) that said it would unroot the phone, but I believe it needed flashed like a rom. Would I be able to just flash a different RUU through Hboot and fix this? That was going to be my next step as I already have S-Off I believe this should fix the issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mount your sdcard on a PC and put a proper PG05IMG.zip on it. Then see if hboot will flash it.

sent from my bolt

pcar1947

Reaction score
I made the same mistake . Left the pc051mg file on sd card. Took the sd card out. Mounted it the pc with micro sd adapter and removed the file.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Tried to put a different pg05img.zip with no luck. I have a s-on and everything I'm just worried big red will charge me since its been rooted, but wanted to see if there was any other way the security warning could happen.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should google around and try and solve this. I wouldn't recommend sending something back that won't boot.

I also recommend being more careful with flashing things in hboot in the future. You can really screw up your device.

sent from my bolt

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
I got it resolved just by flashing an RUU that failed the first time for some reason but worked fine the second time. Thanks for the advice. I kind of miss my thunderbolt but the speed of processes on this blows it out of the water between the boost in ram and the dual core. I do miss me some sense, though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums