Reverting Back to Mr1 andSMS Errors

ck3jr

Reaction score
Is there a way of reverting back to the 1st update so I can return my TB? I am not rooted and I put the MR2 update on last week and had nothing but 3g problems and SMS errors sense then. I talked with a rep today and they said they would send a replacement but I dont wont the warranty to be voided on the one I have now because of the update thats on it.

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
try following the instructions on the lower half of this page...I think that should fix your problem: [HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers

Not real sure what this is talking about with all the PUSH stuff? What is this?

NOT FOR ROOT USERS

Taken from AndroidPolice: [Tutorial] How To "Un-Root" The HTC ThunderBolt And Return It To Stock. Please check the site out.

One of the most popular questions about rooting the ThunderBolt is how to undo the process and return to stock, which renews your eligibility for customer support. Well, here you go:

Instructions:
Please read the whole tutorial first, and pay attention to every detail. Note that your battery needs to be charged to at least 40% at the beginning of the process, and remember to check the MD5 sums of all downloaded files before diving in. As always, neither Android Police nor Team AndIRC are responsible for any damage this may cause to your phone, and, needless to say, returning to stock means you will no longer be able to use root apps like ShootMe and Titanium Backup.

First, download the following files:

Stock firmware (MD5 sum: 7141f5620f6128af77d50587e341f4b0)
exploits.zip (MD5 sum: 3b359efd76aac456ba7fb0d6972de3af)

Next, push exploits.zip and misc.img.

Code:
adb push misc.img /data/local/ adb push busybox /data/local/ adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

To gain root and flash misc.img:

Code:
adb shell su /data/local/busybox md5sum /data/local/misc.img

If the output is anything other than "c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de," stop and start over again.

Now let’s write misc.img:

Code:
dd if=/data/local/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

Rename "PG05IMG_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.0 0.0223r_NV_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_
release_174685_signed.zip" to "PG05IMG.zip" before placing it on your SD card.
Finally, reboot into bootloader mode by entering the following command. Allow the stock firmware to flash.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
You’re done – your phone should now be stock, S-ON.

VolDroid

Reaction score
well in order to restore it back to stock you'll have to use ADB which uses the command prompt on your computer to install (push)the old Rom and radio. I haven't seen any zip file around that will install the old one like you did with the new update.

I'd go to XDA and post your question there. You'll probably get better answers there since more developers are over there.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I currently have this non rooted Mr2 on my tb, once the official ota gb comes through could I update it with no problem? Or would I have to take mr2 off and go stock before I download gb? ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
I currently have this non rooted Mr2 on my tb, once the official ota gb comes through could I update it with no problem? Or would I have to take mr2 off and go stock before I download gb? ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Good question, I would like to know the answer to this.