Extended Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Telescopist, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Telescopist

Telescopist New Member

Just spent an hour with Verizon tech support over my Razr MAXX. Can't call out and can't receive calls. I am on an extended warranty plan that covers phone replacement. One is being shipped overnight. The Tech read a disclaimer that had to do with any changes to software or hardware voiding the warranty and full replacement costs of phone incurred as a result. I rooted once I received the JB upgrade. Does the root constitute a violation of the terms of the warranty? Thanks.
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

It may. VZ has a root/reflash counter built into ICS and JB and Samsungs are the only devices I know of that allow it to easily be reset.
  3. Telescopist

Telescopist New Member

Thanks.
  4. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

It can but it's rarely enforced. Just remove the su binary and the super user app before you ship it back.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  5. Telescopist

Telescopist New Member

Thank you. Yes, I have heard much the same. The phone was shipped to the outfit that handles extended warranties. I gather all they end up doing is stripping the phone down and sending it back out refurbished. I did download a copy of Universal Unroot. One click and you are back to 'stock'. Then I uninstalled SuperSU Root Checker, Root Explorer, and SQLite. One day in the life of being intimidated by what a large conglomerate can do to you if they want to. Off topic, but have you test driven the Samsung Note2 yet?
  6. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Yep, I test practically every handset that is released. I currently have the S4, and the Droid DNA, but have had a Note 2. Have a particular question?

7. Telescopist

Telescopist New Member

Okay then...I'm not much of a tap-tap person on the key board. What was your experience like utilizing the pen? Is there a learning curve with the software picking up the nuances of a person's writing style?
Search tags for this page
droid 4 extended warranty rules

droid dna extended warranty

droid dna verizon extended warrenty
extended warranty verizon android maxx 2013