voiding warranty?

Reaction score
i plan on getting a Nexus and i plan on rooting it after the 15 days if decide to keep the phone..and i was wondering if i root and void the warranty what happens to the insurance i pay for monthly? if something were to ever happen to my phone will i be covered for a replacement? or will i have pay full price for the phone?..if anybody knows more about this..please enlighten me..thanks in advance..

googlelover

Reaction score
Warranty isn't insurance, insurance will replace your phone without a care if its rooted. The warranty is voided when you root because you could, say, superclock the processor and make it overheat so much you melt some internal components. Its a hardware failure, but its your fault the hardware failed, and the manufacturer doesn't want to replace it.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Warranty isn't insurance, insurance will replace your phone without a care if its rooted. The warranty is voided when you root because you could, say, superclock the processor and make it overheat so much you melt some internal components. Its a hardware failure, but its your fault the hardware failed, and the manufacturer doesn't want to replace it.

thats what i wanted to know..thanks GoogleLover..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums