Droid Warranty Replacement Question?

Classmen

Reaction score
I received my third warranty certified like new Droid 1 device today to have the audio during phone calls muffled and distorted. I called Verizon Customer service and was on the phone for a good 45 minutes in and out of hold. Finally the rep I was speaking with told me that she had great news and that they were going to replace my Droid 1 for the Droid 2. She ran through her things she must say and placed the order. She then told me that there is a small possibility that I could receive the Droid 1 instead, but it is slim. Before all of this she had advised me that the Droid 1's were currently out of stock. Well within the next hour I received a tracking number stating that the device had shipped. I called Verizon customer service to ask them if they could tell me whether or not the phone sent out was a Droid 1 or Droid 2 and all 4 times calling the 3 Customer service reps said it is the phone A855 (which is the Droid 1) and the Technical support rep said the same thing. What my question is is how can that be when I was just told that the Droid 1's were currently out of stock and that I was going to be receiving the Droid 2 for replacement? Is there a way that the rep that told me that I would be receiving the Droid 2 ordered the Droid 2 but on the account it states that the phone being replaced is the Droid 1? Meaning that I would receive the Droid 2, but to the support reps it says I am receiving the Droid 1. Your guys help is REALLY appreciated.

Thanks again,

Class

OP
C

Classmen

Reaction score
It's not my phone number haha. Good question though.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Oh lol. Anyways back on topic, i'd just wait and see what gets sent to you. If it's not a D2 call verizon and tell them that you were supposed to get a Droid 2 and got a D1.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
She then told me that there is a small possibility that I could receive the Droid 1 instead, but it is slim.
Your answer came from Verizon in the beginning, there is a percentage for everything and unfortunately this time you have possibly fell into the lesser end of it. If your problems persist with your refurbished device then you still have warranty coverage, but there is nothing you can do from this point, sending you an original Droid would have upheld their end of the contract

OP
C

Classmen

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish someone could just tell me the exact phone that was packaged and sent and not just the replacement is for another droid..... meaning they aren't being very clear and precise.

OP
C

Classmen

Reaction score
I see where your coming from but the fact that she told me the Droid 1's were out of stock makes me think otherwise.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see where your coming from but the fact that she told me the Droid 1's were out of stock makes me think otherwise.

I hope everyone gets a D2 for warranty exchange from an Original D, just because I know I would like it if I were in the same situation, I will keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

OP
C

Classmen

Reaction score
O believe me my fingers have been crossed haha

Jmart922

Reaction score
As more people call asurion about damaged D1s, will they eventually just send back all models to Verizon or moto? Or just keep saying their out of stock until another gets fixed and sent out as a replacement

iPirate

Reaction score
they wont send you a droid 2 without paying something out of your pocket.

Do you know how many people would suddenly have their phone break if they started doing this? Everyone...

OP
C

Classmen

Reaction score
Well if you are a droid-life reader then you might want to rethink that thought. Because they are replacing droid 2's for original droids. Go check it out.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Its the warranty exchanges from motorolla that are getting droid 2. Not the insurance claims from assurion.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
So if i recieve a Droid 2 in place of my Droid 1, will my upgrade date be affected? Will it be increased by 2 years or will i still be able to upgrade in december?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It doesn't affect your upgrade date.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk