Returning phone to VZW, need response ASAP

warped1987

Reaction score
Is there anything I should do before I return it, Factory Reset etc?

I had it rooted at one point with that z4 Mod app, I un-rooted last month, and just un-installed the app all together, having that doesn't void the warranty or anything does it?

Just bringing it back to get a replacement because mines defective.

Trying to leave within the next 5-10 minutes, so a response ASAP would be awesome, thanks

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Depends, if clockwork recovery still shows up, can't return it. Gotta get rid of the bootstrapper's hijack first, or else they'll know it's been rooted.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Depends, if clockwork recovery still shows up, can't return it. Gotta get rid of the bootstrapper's hijack first, or else they'll know it's been rooted.

How do I tell if Clockwork Recovery shows up? How do I get rid of the bootstrappers hijack. Is that SBF thing I've heard about part of it?

I kinda figured that once I "un-rooted" it and un-installed it all evidence of it ever being there would have disappeared. I only ever used it for Screen Shot apps, and ADW/Go Launcher things, oh and wireless tethering once or twice just for fun

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you rooted and rom'd, you need to abf to bring the phone into a returnable state. Sbf is probably the easiest way, if drivers and such are all installed properly.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
If you rooted and rom'd, you need to abf to bring the phone into a returnable state. Sbf is probably the easiest way, if drivers and such are all installed properly.

never did a ROM, that part was always too confusing for me, lol. Just rooted and downloaded the above mentioned app's

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you never rom'd, you should be fine.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
ok. Well thank god, cuz I already went to VZW. lol. Took it in, told them I've been having problems, thank god I got the nice girl who remembered us, she told me that I would have a new phone (refurbished of course) mailed in 5 days.

Reaction score
Next time I suggest calling the *611 or whatever number it is: they usually overnight/2day ship you a new phone, no need to wait.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
I asked her because before my partners phone got overnight shipping, and this time she said 5 days, and when I asked her why she said they changed their Warranty or whatever, and said that since I didn't have the Insurance on my phone I couldn't get the overnight delivery, just the 5 day one. Oh well, no biggy. I will just use my current D2G until the new one arrives.

lieblax

Reaction score
When I returned my rooted d2g a couple of months ago, I did pretty much the same thing as you. I just unrooted using z4, then uninstalled it. I may not have even uninstalled droid 2 bootstrapper, I can't remember. But they didn't notice it was rooted either way.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I returned a D2G without unrooting it once, it got replaced in store only because it was during the 14 day worry free time. Funny part is, the guy who helped me was using a Nexus 1, with (I think it was) CM on it.

lieblax

Reaction score
I returned a D2G without unrooting it once, it got replaced in store only because it was during the 14 day worry free time. Funny part is, the guy who helped me was using a Nexus 1, with (I think it was) CM on it.

yeah the woman who helped me didnt seem to know anything about it anyway. i wonder if the representative you speak even matters or if they always send it back in anyway

avilaenterprises

Reaction score
please help w advice asap

hi i replaced the front glass on my droid 2 a955. its in and went together pretty good. i just cant get it to power back on. i swaped the camera and power buttons around just to be sure they werent in the wrong place. they are fine. i plug the phone in and the moto m symbol shows up but that is it. i cant get it to power on now... what do i need to do? helpppppp