Security settings on Droid

DaJVMan

Reaction score
Hello, just joined. I have a security pattern set on the desktop of my Droid A855 Motorola. There is a message that reads "this phone belongs to:" It appears that I can configure it to put a phone number and name if it gets lost, but don't know where to. Contacted Verizon customer service, but to no avail. I have the Antivirus Pro installed and there is also a message that reads Droid Security. Not sure if this is an application setting or configuration setting within the Droid as I attempted both. I cannot locate this setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

JCo352

Reaction score
First, you should go ahead and delete that anti-virus app, it is not needed. But I have never had that pop up on my lock screen, I think there is an app for that though.

droider4life

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... From what I have read they say big problems can come from antivirus on the Droid.. there has not been one known virus to show up on he Droid. So I don't really think there is a use for it personally..

ShowTime

Reaction score
That message is from your anti-virus app. There's probably a setting within the app to add your info.... once you find it, go ahead and add whatever info you want, then go ahead and delete the worthless app.

th9203

Reaction score
There is also an app called "Owner" that has space for some personal information. This app runs at startup and displays any time the phone is locked. Good for when you misplace your phone. I know of a couple of people who have recovered their phones with this type of information displayed on a locked screen.

OP
D

DaJVMan

Reaction score
Phone belongs to:

Thanks for your reply. Before I received your replies, I checked further down through the antivirus app and found the setting called "Remote" and found out where you can add that. It asks you to register so they can locate your phone via GPS if it is lost. The antivirus pro program has captured irregularities on the phone. It appears to work well. Sometimes your phone will act peculiar. When that happens, I run the app and find a problem with part of the packages that are scanned. It resovles the issue. Thanks.