Update Security Settings

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Tried that link but the file wouldn't work on my rooted droid (project elite rom)

ISLOCK.COM

Reaction score
To correct the "Please Update User Settings" error on Android 2.1 or higher, ask your Exchange 2007/2010 administrator run this command:

In Exchange 2007/2010 Management Shell paste the following command:

Set-ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy “Default” -IsDefaultPolicy $False

ISLOCK.COM

GeneInMyrtleBeach

Reaction score
To correct the "Please Update User Settings" error on Android 2.1 or higher, ask your Exchange 2007/2010 administrator run this command:

In Exchange 2007/2010 Management Shell paste the following command:

ISLOCK.COM

You ROCK! I just logged in to my compaines exchange 2k7 server, and set the policy as above. Works great now!!

Thanks!

harry3man

Reaction score
After Exchange 2007/2010 Management Shell command:

Samsung sync, but most of other models (nokia) stop working.
Exchange 2010 SP1
Samsung GT-I9000 Firmware 2.2.1

Any help?

wperkinson

Reaction score
Requires security settings update

The solution I found was that for using an Exchange server, I had to specify the domain name with the user name. Once I did this, the phone took the setup and began receiving emails.

I did have to delete the account first and recreate it as it would not allow me to add the domain name after the fact.

mayo305

Reaction score
Once you properly add your account, on the top bar where the menu is, drag it down, then you will see where the "security settings " message will appear, then click on it and then click on ACTIVATE and youre done.

max71

Reaction score
Solution: Update security settings.......

Dear all,
I got mad before discover that the solution was in Phone itself and not on the Corporate Outook settings.
I hold a Samsung Advance and there is an hidden menu on the very top of the phone, when you launch the Exchange mail and the message start to appear, dragh it down the menu and clik on " security settings update".
This works 4 me.