SD card shutting off

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by tedi68, Jan 24, 2013.

1. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

Hi, I have been searching for a fix for a coupe days I am hoping someone can give me some ideas, 2 days ago I was downloading some new music to my phone and got the error that the SD card had been removed. I pulled the card reinserted and the phone didn't recognize it so I connected to the pc and HTC sync, neither way recognized the card tried a Sd recovery program it couldn't find anything no pictures no music so I tried reformatting and the card could not be formatted. I figured it was just card failure and I happened to have a new 8GB so I figured i'd use it till I could get a new 32GB card.
    Put the new card in all is good so I took a couple pictures they stored fine then I tried syncing my evernote account and it wouldn't sync so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it I got it downloaded but no sync then error sd card has been removed so I pulled the card put it in the pc and the pictures were there so I reformatted the card and put it back in the phone and it worked fine but still EV wouldn't sync I looked for similar problems with evernote but none were the same.
    Used the phone all day and the card was good took more picts all good then tonight I decided to put some of my music back on and started downloading it put 2 or 3 on then the sd error again. Pulled the card took the pictures off again and reformatted again put it in phone it recognized it and all was good this time so I pulled the card and put the music directly on the card from the pc put the card back in the phone and it was good for about 2 minutes then the sd error. :angry:

Please Help
  2. sl4sh3r

sl4sh3r New Member

Interesting, u rooted, got scripts?

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB
  3. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer Developer

I had to send a TBOLT back last year due to this issue.... Kept eating up SD cards VZW sent me a refurb and it never happened again... But the cards were not readable no matter what I did to them.....
  4. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

So far I have been able to get the pictures off of the new card and reformat it. But the first one was toast. Did you try a factory reset before returning the phone?
  5. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

No not rooted and no scripts, I'm not sure how to get them I'm kinda a newbie to this
  6. sl4sh3r

sl4sh3r New Member

Well it could be just the phone, like Miller said but back it up try a factory reset uhh run micro sd scripts for Android I can send you links if needed debug debug debug

7. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer Developer

Yes vzw always has you try a factory reset before you can return a device.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  8. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

If you could send the link that would be great and I'll try and get the scripts. I have downloaded App brain to save my apps and sms backup+ to save my texts that I need, is there anything else I need to backup before aa reset?
  9. sl4sh3r

sl4sh3r New Member

Titanium is the way I go usually but now I have been song it from my comp I'm at work now when I get home I'll and u a script if rooted to make things right from what I'm reading I've had this before a update screwed me. Tell me the version u are on and I will get rhis situated and let me know if rooted

10. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

My phone is not rooted, and the versions i can see are Android version2.3.4 HTC Sense version 2.1 I hope this is what you need
    Thanks so much for the help!
  11. sl4sh3r

sl4sh3r New Member

Back up all apps and factory reset

12. sl4sh3r

sl4sh3r New Member

I sent that way to early kinda feeling good now SaHn hhaha but for real factory reset and let me know but make sure u back up ur apps I recommend rooting your phone its always the way to go honestly. You may thing your voiding your Warrenty but flash to a srock rom and your phone is back to warranty certified haha. Try different flashes different rooms I mean factory reset idvrhat don't work run sd scripts rooted

13. tedi68

tedi68 New Member

ok, done the factory reset, reinstalled some apps then i downloaded some songs trying to test things they downloaded ok so i tried playing one music started then a click and error sd card unexpectedly removed, do you think if i rooted i could find the cause?
Search tags for this page

android sd card shut down

galaxy shuts off when put sd card in
htc dna phone sd card keeps shuting down

micro sd phone shut off

my verizon droid razr eats sd cards

phone shuts off when sd card is inserted

sd card keeps shutting down phone

sd card shuts down phone

thunderbolt eating sd card
will your droid x shut off with no sd card