SD Card Problems

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by Sherry, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Sherry

Sherry Member

I have experienced several issues with my SD card I have not seen addressed here. This all happened after I got the GB update and have no idea if it is related. I noticed that I would delete pictures (stored on the card) using the stock app, Gallery. When I go back to the Gallery and look the pictures are still there. In order to permanently delete them I now have to use something like Astro and delete them. After the update I was moving a few apps from internal to SD using Manage Applications. The next day I tried to use one of them and noticed the icon was the greyed out green android generic icon. I started looking and the icons on SD tab showed the apps, gave the choice to move to phone, but would not allow the move. The apps that were on the SD prior to the update were fine, only the new ones would not function. I called Verizon and they had not heard this issue before and suggested formatting the SD and starting over and said they really don't think the SD card is for anything but pictures, music and other media. I did remind them about the picture issue but that resulted in a "let us know after you format the SD if it is still an issue".

I finally resolved the issue with the apps by deleting what was there, re downloaded the apps, went into the Manage Applications and using the options under the SD Card tab was able to move the apps to the SD. They work now. I have no idea why it didn't work before but I moved them from the All Apps tab rather than the SD tab. Just plain odd. However, the pictures issue still exists but easier to resolve than reformatting.

In fairness, this is the first time the Verizon folks were not able to help me.
  2. gem266

gem266 New Member

I had my SD card die on me about a month and a half ago. Called Verizon, they told me I had to get it replaced by card manufacturer. Took about 2 weeks to get new card.
  3. Sherry

Sherry Member

I think that might be the issue. My "fixes" didn't stay fixed and the pictures I deleted are all back. In the last couple of days I have started see an error message saying "SD care error, click to ..." Rats!
Search tags for this page

htc thunderbolt says no sd card

htc thunderbolt sd card

htc thunderbolt sd card error

htc thunderbolt sd card fix

htc thunderbolt sd card problems

my htc thunderbolt says i have no sd card
my htc thunderbolt says no sd card
my thunderbolt says no sd card
sd card removed problem htc thunderbolt update

thunderbolt says no sd card

thunderbolt sd card error