Screwed The Pooch on this one PLEASE HELP....

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Whys is SBFing not working? Is it giving you an error? If so, what error? What version of RSD Lite? What is your PCs OS? What SBF file are you using?

I can help if you answer those :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ok i have rsd lite 4.7+patch, im currently running windows vista sp2, and im using the current .340 sbf. Rsd is not giving me an error message it just simply is saying "FAIL" and wont go any further.

johnny9374

Reaction score
Where is your sbf file at on your comp? If its on your desktop put it in your documents folder and try it again

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
WOOT WOOOT....
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED..I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA LOSE MY MIND BIG TIME ...YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST HERE @ DROID FORUMS.. THANKS AGAIN GUYS/GALS
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Lol glad u got it was I right?

Yes Johnny....thank you so much man..i just needed to update the rsd to current 4.8 and i worked perfect,kinda...lol... went into bootloop and i did a factory reset and reprogram and i worked like a charm...i was a little scared.. the rom i had stuck was great but when i turned my phone off i had to factory reboot to turn back on battery pull and repeat and then it took forever for it to act responsive...but once it complied it was great...lol..im new to rooting the DX the INC yea that was great...but now we have so many new ways of flashing roms ...its crazy...but thank you very much if there is a link to a correct way to use bootstrap please link me...i might root again but after that idk..lol...THANKS AGAINdancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroid

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
Glad you're back to 2.3.340. Here's what I'd recommend.

Go to this thread on the release of the pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM, read through the 1st post multiple times, ensure you understand what you've read, and then go through the steps outlined - this will get you up to the new 2.3.3 Gingerbread release. I've helped several people install this and fixed various install/soft-brick problems, so I know these steps work - if they're followed to the letter. The most important step in the process is actually listed as a "If you have a constant sync problem", but I've found that by doing this, the install finishes and runs in 100% of the times I've done it - Before installing the pre-rooted gingerbread ROM, do 3-5 Data/Cache wipes (actually, I recommend 1st doing 3-5 Dalvik Cache wipes, then 3-5 Cache wipes, then 3-5 Data/Cache wipes).

Second, go to this thread, and install the Pre-rooted, Deodexed version of Gingerbread over the top of the Pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM that you installed above. Again, read through the steps, make sure you understand them, then run through them.

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Glad you're back to 2.3.340. Here's what I'd recommend.

Go to this thread on the release of the pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM, read through the 1st post multiple times, ensure you understand what you've read, and then go through the steps outlined - this will get you up to the new 2.3.3 Gingerbread release. I've helped several people install this and fixed various install/soft-brick problems, so I know these steps work - if they're followed to the letter. The most important step in the process is actually listed as a "If you have a constant sync problem", but I've found that by doing this, the install finishes and runs in 100% of the times I've done it - Before installing the pre-rooted gingerbread ROM, do 3-5 Data/Cache wipes (actually, I recommend 1st doing 3-5 Dalvik Cache wipes, then 3-5 Cache wipes, then 3-5 Data/Cache wipes).

Second, go to this thread, and install the Pre-rooted, Deodexed version of Gingerbread over the top of the Pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM that you installed above. Again, read through the steps, make sure you understand them, then run through them.
Thanks yea i was actually reading this and dl'n the necessary info right now...but im debating..but now that i know the .sbf works for me i might go ahead and try it out..now that i have a fail safe...lol