Screwed The Pooch on this one PLEASE HELP....

Reaction score
Hey Devs and forum friends alike...
Just like the title says i really screwed up and i need some help getting me back to stock. I have just received my droid x and i wanted to explore the rooted side of it. so this is what i did....lol....I rooted my device with z4 root installed clock work mod and titanium back up. before i did anything at all i made all my back ups twice. so i have 2 md5 back ups ready to be installed... once i did this i installed a rom from CW called ZapX ginger 4.0. beings it was on the list i thought i was good....not the case. once i tried it and it started acting up i wanted to resort back to my Md5 back up...the system would not let me even see the recovery screen from either Cw or Manual recover. oh i could not install apps from the market with out the rom rebooting during install of that app..so i had to side load all the apps needed to even attempt any of this...so after hours now of beating my head in the wall i figured well let me uninstall root with z4 and reinstall root...yea right ...not happening at all..no im not rooted and i have a custom rom installed on my device that im not to sure about...yea its a great rom looks good and all but it reboots allot. and is laggy...PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR A ROOKIE MISTAKE LIKE THIS...PLEASE HELP ME OUT I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL.....:r_c:

johnny9374

Reaction score
sounds like you installed a gingerbread rom without having the rooted gb installed first read up how to sbf and go from there

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
sounds like you installed a gingerbread rom without having the rooted gb installed first read up how to sbf and go from there
Exactly it is a full out GB rom but now i cant even get root access now. is there a link on how to sbf?

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

not exactly sure which sbf file you need though ill keep looking for you

cool cool yea im searching for someone that did the same thing so far it looks like im the only Tard out here...lol...everything i have found so far has to have root permission to work, i cant get my device rooted atleast not with z4..i dont know how else to root it...any advice on this?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You need to first make sure as to whether or not you do still have root. After that, you can probably look forward to SB`ing back to stock...I would go back to 2.3.340 system...look on MyDroidWorld and you will find all the files and instructions you need to do this.

After you get back straight...quit using Rom Manager to install ROMS since there are no clear cut instructions on how to do this through the app. It is much better to do them manually through flashing from the SD card..

Here is a thread where you might find some valuable information...have a read!

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
You need to first make sure as to whether or not you do still have root. After that, you can probably look forward to SB`ing back to stock...I would go back to 2.3.340 system...look on MyDroidWorld and you will find all the files and instructions you need to do this.

After you get back straight...quit using Rom Manager to install ROMS since there are no clear cut instructions on how to do this through the app. It is much better to do them manually through flashing from the SD card..

thanks for looking out on this...this link is exactly what has happend to me.. but yes i do know i do not have root permission. but now that i dont the phone seems to be working better then it did...no more reboots...but i would like to know how to get back to stock when i need to...thanks BodyBagzdancedroid

BodyBagz

Reaction score

thanks for looking out on this...this link is exactly what has happend to me.. but yes i do know i do not have root permission. but now that i dont the phone seems to be working better then it did...no more reboots...but i would like to know how to get back to stock when i need to...thanks BodyBagzdancedroid
Glad to hear you are up and running...albeit not fully since you dont have root. My only suggestion there is to try to re-root again using z4 and see what that does. Without root, it makes it considerably harder to get back to stock if and when you decide to.

Read up on SBF`ing...then read some more...then download all the required software...then read some more...then bookmark the page on MyDroidWorld where the walk-throughs are at...:)

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score

Glad to hear you are up and running...albeit not fully since you dont have root. My only suggestion there is to try to re-root again using z4 and see what that does. Without root, it makes it considerably harder to get back to stock if and when you decide to.

Read up on SBF`ing...then read some more...then download all the required software...then read some more...then bookmark the page on MyDroidWorld where the walk-throughs are at...:)

yea i just tried to factory reboot with that link and yep it put me back to stock zap x 4.0...lol...but i will try z4 again hope and pray this works now...idk..but thanks for the input and effort to helping me out ..

johnny9374

Reaction score
You don't need to be rooted to sbf unless I'm wrong you just need to reroot after you sbf

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
You don't need to be rooted to sbf unless I'm wrong you just need to reroot after you sbf

what exacly is SBF? im not familiar with it...i know it means to revert back to stock..i think...right?

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score

yea im pretty convinced im screwed here...dont know what else to do if i can do anything...i have tried reroot..not happening, i have tried .sbf flash not happening...i have tried maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip
not happening....PLEASE DEVS BREAK OUT THE BIG GUNS AND HELP ME GET MY DX RIGHT AGAIN...IM BEGGING...LOL
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

Smittys

Reaction score
Whys is SBFing not working? Is it giving you an error? If so, what error? What version of RSD Lite? What is your PCs OS? What SBF file are you using?

I can help if you answer those :)

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Whys is SBFing not working? Is it giving you an error? If so, what error? What version of RSD Lite? What is your PCs OS? What SBF file are you using?

I can help if you answer those :)
Current version of lite ... and current version of sbf. .340 windows vista.