94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So for my own benefit I'm going.to.compare the military shield and the zagg invisi-shield... oh shoot, I need to get some ghost armor.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the Ultra Crystal as well. You can see the fingerprints, but no more than the naked screen in my opinion. I've had Zaggs and I don't like the feel or the look too much.
Screen protectors are like other forms of "protection". Very personal, and what feels good to one person may not feel good to another.
Come on guys, get your minds out of the gutter....I'm talking about guns, not the other protection.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
94lt1 said:
So for my own benefit I'm going.to.compare the military shield and the zagg invisi-shield... oh shoot, I need to get some ghost armor.

Lmao, with all of the typo periods my maxx puts into my sentences, it reads like I'm a severe asthmatic lol^^^

Not making fun of asthmatics, just my typos :)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jkaod said:
I love the Ultra Crystal as well. You can see the fingerprints, but no more than the naked screen in my opinion. I've had Zaggs and I don't like the feel or the look too much.
Screen protectors are like other forms of "protection". Very personal, and what feels good to one person may not feel good to another.
Come on guys, get your minds out of the gutter....I'm talking about guns, not the other protection.

The same theory is used though. "I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just saw this, thank you so much for the offer!!! I really appreciate it. But I respect your opinion so much that I already ordered the crystal just because you suggested them :)

Thanks man I appreciate it. I am sure you will like them.

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Lmao. I've never been diagnosed with OCD, but smudges, or even lint or something on my screen will make me go.nuts lol.

So steinheil... do you think that would work well under the stock screen protector of the otterbox defender? Removing the screen protector of the defender is not an option.

I have the defender case and removing the screen protector is an option. It might not be built for the screen to come off. But I got tired of the dust getting behind the screen protector around the front camera and mic holes in the screen protector. Took it off and love the look and feel of the regular Corning glass screen. It's tough enough to not get scratched easy, and the smudges come off pretty easy as well. Screen looks a lot better too.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So after doing the modification to the wife's phone, I'm liking the look. So I'm going that way with my device, after I decide which brand I want to use.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I didn't realize you were using a protector under case that had a protector built into it - I could see how a Zagg would be annoying in that situation.
I don't prefer how the Zagg feels or looks, but the hard film protectors simply scratch too easily and show oil / prints to easily for my taste, and a flexible film is really the only thing I found that doesn't scratch or collect too much oil. Plus, on the Galaxy Nexus anyway, if the screen is curved, a lot of hard protectors don't stick right around the edges or the manufacturers cut them small to account for this, so a spray application film is the only way to go if you want complete screen coverage.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Laur3nNewm4n said:
I didn't realize you were using a protector under case that had a protector built into it - I could see how a Zagg would be annoying in that situation.
I don't prefer how the Zagg feels or looks, but the hard film protectors simply scratch too easily and show oil / prints to easily for my taste, and a flexible film is really the only thing I found that doesn't scratch or collect too much oil. Plus, on the Galaxy Nexus anyway, if the screen is curved, a lot of hard protectors don't stick right around the edges or the manufacturers cut them small to account for this, so a spray application film is the only way to go if you want complete screen coverage.

I think you're right on the money here!!
:)

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are there any other suggestions from anybody??? I've been warned off from ghost armor... does anyone have anything to add or possibly defend ghost armor? If no defenders of ghost armor, I will just keep them out of the comparison...

So you guys/gals know, this is all my doing on this. I want more personal knowledge about protectors for our devices.. and I want to take all viable options into consideration... :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Are there any other suggestions from anybody??? I've been warned off from ghost armor... does anyone have anything to add or possibly defend ghost armor? If no defenders of ghost armor, I will just keep them out of the comparison...

So you guys/gals know, this is all my doing on this. I want more personal knowledge about protectors for our devices.. and I want to take all viable options into consideration... :)

I don't know anything about the case you use and you probably already considered it... but I always use the clear ones at the Verizon store. And I have them put it on bc there is always someone there that is an expert at it. I can never tell I have one on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't know anything about the case you use and you probably already considered it... but I always use the clear ones at the Verizon store. And I have them put it on bc there is always someone there that is an expert at it. I can never tell I have one on.

I already use the matte finish and clear ones from vzw. I personally give them 2 thumbs up, with an exception, and that is that I think they could be cut to fit the device just a little better.

How do you like them? Have you true a steinheil?? I've got a pack of them(crystal) on the way to try out. I'll post about it when I put one on.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ohhh and the cases I use are all otterbox defenders :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My Razr Maxx screen protector from Verizon actually fits perfect. It is shaped to go perfectly around the sensor and front camera lens at the top and around the mic at the bottom.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine leaves a small amount around the top of the phone exposed. And I'm close to the beach, so sand hitting exposed glass is a concern... that's why I'm so picky :)