Screen Protector

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Anyone get one for their Droid 4?
It probably isn't necessary but I've heard stories of people just scraping the screen with their fingernail and it had a scratch on it. I did on my D1 at first, but then took it off and never had any problems.

I do notice that this screen stays much cleaner then my D1. I haven't cleaned it for a while and I've been using it. In the light it doesn't look smudged at all. Much better improvement over my D1.

Oh, if you chose a screen protector, did you get an anti-glare or just a regular one or other?

Thanks.

Kack

Reaction score
i put a screen protector on every phone i get just because im outside in the dirt with dirty hands and all the fun gunk. easier for me to replace an invisishiled for 5 bux then a screen. i just got my d4 on saturday and im being careful with it until i can get an invisishield on it once it comes out.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
I've been debating this.... I HATE screen protectors, they always get dirty and end up peeling off. But I think I'll cry if my new phone gets scratched, lol.

I'll just be happy when my darn case comes from Amazon.com! I have the delusional belief that the case will magically prevent it from every breaking! ;)

hashbaz83

Reaction score
These phones have gorrilla glass. I've seen demonstrations of people taking razor blades to them and keys and other things with no damage whatsoever.

I'm coming from a d2 which didn't have the same glass and never used a screen protector and still never scratched it even tnough I carried it in the same pocket as my keys every day.

Your only real worry would be if you dropped it and it landed just right it might shatter. But even that is incredibly rare.

The plastics of the phone body might get scratched, but I dropped my D2 plenty of times and never got more than a tiny one. (Yes I'm incredibly clumsy) motorola phones are very solidly made.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I dropped my D2 to the point of damaging all four corners. Glass never scratched, despite a rather nasty asphalt burn the case took on right alongside it.

I kept saying they should make the entire phone out Gorilla glass, haha.

joncarwash

Reaction score
I got my Droid 4 at Best Buy (because it is close to home, they had them in stock, and I got the $50 gift card promotion by signing up last week which beat the $30 new every two credit through VZW). I saw one of the employees install an InvisibleShield protector on another phone and he was so good at it I decided to give it a go, and so far I like it a lot. Even with Gorilla Glass I prefer a protector, just in case; for my OG Droid that I upgraded from I just used one of the 3-pack protectors that I installed myself and went through multiple ones just trying to get it on and still had bubbles/caught dust. I've seen mixed reviews on InvisbleShield protectors but I'm glad I got it and would recommend it as well.

r314bd

Reaction score
Screen protectors are absolutely not necessary for the Droid 4. Gorilla Glass is some serious stuff; it is virtually impossible to scratch.

rhindon

Reaction score
I did put a screen protector on mine. I wasn't sure about the Gorilla Glass, but I know even clean hands have oils and such and wanted to protect the phone from that, if nothing else. I had the VZW rep but it on because I can never do it right myself.

ej0rge

Reaction score
I put a matte screen protector on my D4 today, strictly because it hides fingerprints, which is one thing gorilla glass is bad at.

zertsman

Reaction score
I like the anti glare more than the protection.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
I put one on my D4, from Zagg.

1) The gorilla glass is notorious for showing prints, which I cannot stand. Keeps it nice and clean also have a case on it so that overlays the ridge line so dust doesn't get caked in the edges of the screen.
2)Nothing is unbreakable. If there is a way for it to fall and scratch/break, it will eventually happen with my phone. Guaranteed. With my luck, I can drop a diamond from 2 feet and have it shatter on the ground.

But also, for those you having problems with screen protectors, having bubbles, falling off, moving, I used to never find one I liked either. But the InvisibleShield is perfect in every way. Basically, I stopped cheaping out and sprung for a good one and never regretted it since.

droidbound

Reaction score
I put a screen protector on every phone I've ever had - until now. With the Gorilla glass it is not necessary - just an unnecessary expense. Unless it makes you feel better of course.
I always had a screen protector on my D1, took it off for the last 6 month and didn't see a difference except for the much nicer screen. I love how well the screen of the D4 performs in direct sun. Wouldn't trade one tiny bit of that for peace of mind.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Still no screen protector on mine. It does get a lot of finger prints, but I just clean my baby every morning. :)

I did get my metallic blue case from Amazon and I LOVE it! Also, got a microfiber pouch I put it in when its in my purse or I'm just carrying it around.

Thank goodness for my pouch and case, I accidently dropped it about two feet today on a hard wooden chair. No damage to anything, not even the $7 cheap case, haha.

Noodle360

Reaction score
...I'm coming from a d2 which didn't have the same glass...

D2 did too have Gorilla Glass. Many drunken nights can attest to that (Also a quick google search Im sure can give you same results).

Screen protectors arnt really necessary. They can give you piece of mind, and help with finger prints (My d4 doesnt have a single smudge, and I havnt cleaned it since I bought it). I plan on getting one for anti glare. I have one on my d2, and it seemed to help, so chances are Ill get one for this also...

Cegal

Reaction score
Only 2 reasons why I have a screen protector on my D4: it came with a bundle pack I purchased and I'm coming from a HTC Eris...big jump for me.