Do you use a screen protector

blackhat

Reaction score
I've had the nexus for like 4 days now. Had a screen protector on there for the first 3 but I don't like the feel or smudges etc. I have a friend who has this same phone. No case or protector. And no scratches 6 months later so I figured what the hell. Is a screen protector necessary? Cuz it won't save the smash and cracks from a drop.. and isn't the screen anti scratch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a really nice screen protector that my brother gave me. Felt just like glass. But I had to do a refurb and the protector wouldn't reapply. :(

That said, if you're careful with your phone and don't throw it around, then a screen protector is not a necessity. I would recommend a case though.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've had my phone all naked for six months and not a mark on'r! Just gotta be overly careful.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Diztronic tpu case and screen protector on my Nexus since the day I brought it home on launch day. I'm an average user - I drop my phone every once in a while and this case/sp combo is the best I've ever had on a phone. After 6+ months, my phone looks like it just came out of the box. The case has plenty of scuffs and the sp has a few scratches, but everything on the actual phone is flawless.

The screen protector they provide is a dry-fit application that looks and feels just like the glass on the phone (no orange peel look or rubber feel). The key to these kind of screen protectors is to get every single spec of dust out so that you can't even tell there's a screen protector on the phone. Clean it well, go slow, line it up carefully and use the tape-method as you go to remove all the dust particles. Slap the tpu case on afterward to cover up the very edges and you have near flawless protection.

That's my two cents, but I'm also pretty anal. If I got a scratch or ding on my phone it would drive me mad. If you don't care that much, just go without, but make sure you have insurance.

cupid

Reaction score
No..cuz it will ruin the beautiful screen..I've had it for four months now and still look like brand new ..no scratches whatsoever

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use a screen protector. Use the Steinheil ultra oleophobic

Jdt283

Reaction score
I use a zagg screen protector. it really just depends on you. my hands always leave fingerprints so i use one.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've never used a screen protector on the 3 touchscreen phones I've had (Dare, DX, Nexus). I've handled them with as much care as possible and only had a couple accidental drops. All have survived without a scratch....well, the DX got a few dead pixels from it's fall but a screen protector probably would not have prevented that.

I also don't get the case thing. They always seem to make the phone feel bulkier, when one of the phone's selling points is how slim it is! "Hey, check out how thin my new RAZR is!! Now I'm gonna go buy a big rubber case for it....". Kinda defeats the purpose, IMO.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had my phone all naked for six months and not a mark on'r! Just gotta be overly careful.
Same here.Ever since release day,nothing but a Cruzetlite(Green).Just got to be overly careful as tgyberg said.

GoBears

Reaction score
Screen protectors are just like condoms. They are not necessary, but if you are risky with it, you best protect it! Peace out.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
None here on any phone I've every had. Been looking for a good one to include with cases I'm making and could not find one. I literally have over a hundred of them here and I put them on and then throw them out.

They all stink. I'm doing my part for the environment and won't include one.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Yes. I use screen protectors for one main reason, fingerprint reduction. I have fairly oily hands and leave smudges. I try and find the one that interferes with the screen the least, in feel, responsiveness, and actual visibility all while reducing the ability to show smudges. I am currently using Bestskinsever, which I have had on since about a week after I purchased the device.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I use screen protectors for one main reason, fingerprint reduction. I have fairly oily hands and leave smudges. I try and find the one that interferes with the screen the least, in feel, responsiveness, and actual visibility all while reducing the ability to show smudges. I am currently using Bestskinsever, which I have had on since about a week after I purchased the device.
I have two packs of Zaggs and don't like them.When I play games like Temple Run,the Zaggs interfered with the responsiveness.So much better without screen protector IMO.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have two packs of Zaggs and don't like them.When I play games like Temple Run,the Zaggs interfered with the responsiveness.So much better without screen protector IMO.

Zagg was one of the worst I've ever tried imo. Never going back to that brand again. Even basic use such as sliding the unlock key was a hassle with those darn things for me.

GoBears

Reaction score
Same here Dez. I bought one in my life and it was my last one. Way too rubbery for me.