Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Accessories' started by debdroid1a, Feb 13, 2012.

1. LadyHottShott

LadyHottShott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no screen protector on mine. It does get a lot of finger prints, but I just clean my baby every morning. :)

I did get my metallic blue case from Amazon and I LOVE it! Also, got a microfiber pouch I put it in when its in my purse or I'm just carrying it around.

Thank goodness for my pouch and case, I accidently dropped it about two feet today on a hard wooden chair. No damage to anything, not even the $7 cheap case, haha.

2. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D2 did too have Gorilla Glass. Many drunken nights can attest to that (Also a quick google search Im sure can give you same results).

Screen protectors arnt really necessary. They can give you piece of mind, and help with finger prints (My d4 doesnt have a single smudge, and I havnt cleaned it since I bought it). I plan on getting one for anti glare. I have one on my d2, and it seemed to help, so chances are Ill get one for this also...

3. Cegal

Cegal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only 2 reasons why I have a screen protector on my D4: it came with a bundle pack I purchased and I'm coming from a HTC Eris...big jump for me.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

4. ELScardio

ELScardio New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine came off this morning. .so now im screen protectorless. .but hopefully i can get my hands on the otterbox soon. . . . . .

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

5. johnolenardo

johnolenardo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd actually recommend getting a protector if you want to not worry about your product. If you look at a car for example, there are minor scratches that your car receives just from day to day usage. While the gorilla glass is strong, scratches are very possible for everyday users. I got one called ArmorSuit through Amazon which has solid protection and the glare doesn't affect me whatsoever. Hope this helps!

6. orange93

orange93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. stack494

stack494 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had a Droid 1 for almost 3 yrs with no screen protector and it never scratched. I've had the Droid 4 for 2 months (with no protector)and it already has scratches all over the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. podspi

podspi Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like to throw my phone into the same pocket with a bunch of keys. I know it is gorilla glass and whatever, but it just doesn't feel right to subject the screen to that kind of torture.

Plus, pretty sure sand, sand-like things, can scratch gorilla glass.

• Like Like x 1
  9. orange93

orange93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess i agree, i mean, why not get one when it can protect your screen and only cost $2 lol http://amzn.to/NPU1G2

10. shooting

shooting Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's said the screen protector is bad for the eye. Is it true?

11. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    I think it depends on what you get. I always get the clear ones and you can not tell it is even there...so much so that I accused my son of removing his because I couldn't tell. The non-glare ones look horrible, imo!

12. shooting

shooting Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you are right. Perhaps it depends on the quality of the screen protector.