Do you use a screen protector

b-jammin21

Reaction score
syndicate0017 said:
I had a really nice screen protector that my brother gave me. Felt just like glass. But I had to do a refurb and the protector wouldn't reapply. :(

That said, if you're careful with your phone and don't throw it around, then a screen protector is not a necessity. I would recommend a case though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What was the name of the screen protector you had?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I use screen protectors for one main reason, fingerprint reduction. I have fairly oily hands and leave smudges. I try and find the one that interferes with the screen the least, in feel, responsiveness, and actual visibility all while reducing the ability to show smudges. I am currently using Bestskinsever, which I have had on since about a week after I purchased the device.

The GNEX screen itself has the best fingerprint reduction I've seen. Screen Protectors make it worse.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've gone without a screen protector for 6 months and I haven't had any problems. It really depends on how well you take care of your stuff. I carry mine either in my jeans pocket or cargo pockets. I make sure I don't have anything else in those pockets, especially keys or change. It's my first phone without a screen protector. I had one on my OG for over 2 years. Definitely get a case though.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the OG Droid 2 years no screen protector or case and it was fine. Had Bionic a few months no problems.

Got GNEX it kept slipping out of hand - got case. No screen protector and just like above, I keep in jeans with nothing else in them. No scratches at all.

droidkm

Reaction score
I didn't use one on my OG droid, got just one small scratch over 2 years. Am using one on this - scratched the crap out of it when I accidentally left I think a screw in that pocket. Something metal anyway. No damage thanks to screen protector.

The thing about saying you don't need a screen protector if you're careful and keep it alone in a pocket, is that only works until the one time you mess up.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
The thing about saying you don't need a screen protector if you're careful and keep it alone in a pocket, is that only works until the one time you mess up.

QFT.

I didn't use a screen protector for the first month I had the phone. I bought a case (Seidio Convert) and it came with a screen protector so I used it. A week later my phone fell off my dash board and got wedged between the seat track and mount. I got it dug out okay and the screen protector got a heavy scratch but the phone is fine. Its my own fault but I'm glad my phone is still pristine. The screen protector sucks for all the smudges but it is protecting the phone.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I highly recommend the Steinheil ultra oleophobic protector. I tried half a dozen different ones on my og and two others on my GNex. I was disappointed in all. The SGP is crystal clear, smooth as any I've tried, and very resistant to grease and fingerprints.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a few samples of a wet application screen protector that might blow everything else away. I'll let you know how it goes.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Steinheil ultra oleophobic protector. I tried half a dozen different ones on my og and two others on my GNex. I was disappointed in all. The SGP is crystal clear, smooth as any I've tried, and very resistant to grease and fingerprints.

That was it! I loved that thing.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Nope.. Had one on og droid for a month. Phone in my left pocket at all time. no scratch. Had the nexus since December. Case yes. Dropped it a few times already.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've had mine naked since December and I didn't have a single mark on it until I handed to somebody to hold, they dropped it on to the ground in a parking lot screen side down and it only got one little scuff on the plastic in the lower right hand corner...barely noticeable.

vance1980

Reaction score
i don't care what the people say you can always tell when someone has a screen protector on their phone. And that my friends is why I never put them on. dancedroid