Screen Protector

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't even think about the docking station issues, Thanks. A case would hinder that also, and that would be a no go for me at least.

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Yeah I didn't even think about the docking station issues, Thanks. A case would hinder that also, and that would be a no go for me at least.
Yeah, I also failed to consider this.

I'm very hard on phones, I went through 3 treos in about 18 months and 2 blackberries another 18 months after that, this tiem around though, I got a gel type cover for the BB and it has been amazing, everytime I drop it it just eases the blow that much more and has not had problems since I put that on.

But yeah, I'll probably be doin gthe docking station, hopefully someone will come up with a good all around solution, but it will probably be a compromise either way.

Def need a good screen protector though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah a compromise it must be, because to dock with at least the multimedia station the sides / back have to come in contact with the magnets on the station, same with the car holder. I'm also not sure if you can make the car holder any bigger or smaller on sides depending if you had a case or not, because if there's no room, then no case :(

JackT

Reaction score
I too have use the Invisible Shield product for most of my devices; however, I don't care for them with touchscreens where I want to be able to swipe my finger across them. I find the Invisible Shield product to have a somewhat tacky feel. I prefer firmer screen protectors like BoxWave. I would be interested in any other opinions on other screen protectors.

juergen99

Reaction score
I usaully laugh at people that clip their phones on their belt.. it just looks really funny.. Kinda like fanny packs..

As for cases.. I had a hard case for my iPhone but soon dumped it cause it was a pain to get in and out of the pocket.. Now I only screen protect and nekkid it...

lol

I usually laugh at people with bulges in their pockets :biggrin::biggrin:

I triple bag mine... Bestskinsever total body skin, silicone skin, Holster. As JackT mentioned I probably won't go with a screen skin. I will likely get the dock and/or car holder so a skin on the rest might interfere with that. So it'll probably be a holster for me.

Last edited:
R

racklefratz

Not sure if I made my question clear enough, but would there be much use in getting a fitted foam/rubber case as well with the invisible shield? Or would Invisible Shield be enough?

A screen protector (unnessary IMO with normal precautions) would keep the screen "protected", obviously. But it won't do squat to keep minute dust or other particulate contamination from entering the many cracks and crevices on the device, which will happen over time without any other kind of protection.

kertsman

Reaction score
I prefer to go commando with my Droid!

Tried a screen protector for a couple days, then I read that the Droid screen is tough as hell and pulled it off. I was having weird finger tap issues with the screen protector on, haven't had any since.

R

racklefratz

I prefer to go commando with my Droid!

Tried a screen protector for a couple days, then I read that the Droid screen is tough as hell and pulled it off. I was having weird finger tap issues with the screen protector on, haven't had any since.

In FAQ on the Motorola site for the Droid, they mention the screen may not work right with a screen protector. There's a message in that IMO (meaning, they didn't design it to be used with "protectors").

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
I'm using the 3-pack from the Verizon store and it's awesome. It's not coming up, it went on well, and I didn't lose ANY functionality with it.

Android4life

Reaction score
I am interested in the Ghost Armor as a screen protector but like the feel of the Verizon 3 pack ones they have in the store. Is there a similar feel? If not, could anyone recommend a screen protector that is like the verizon three pack but is made specifically for the Droid so the earpiece is not covered by the screen?

bhall238

Reaction score
I used the Zagg Invisible shield on my Storm and will be getting it for my Droid very soon (probably this weekend). It worked great on the Storm. As an earlier post said the salesperson talked me into the Verizon screen protector (3 pack) and I am not impressed at all. I had the snap on case that slid into the belt holster and from having to remove it to remove battery the corners are coming up a little.

Last edited:

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I got the Invisible Shield installed on my Droid by a ZAGG technician and it looks terrible, particularly around the edges.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Not sure if I made my question clear enough, but would there be much use in getting a fitted foam/rubber case as well with the invisible shield? Or would Invisible Shield be enough?

It depends on what sort of protection you're seeking.

The Invisible Shield will protect from scratches, but it doesn't offer any shock absorption. You'd need a gel/rubber/silicone case or a sleeve/pouch for impact protection. The pouches and sleeves also help to keep dirt and lint out of the different ports and jacks of the phone in addition to offering some impact protection. If you drop the phone a lot or will be carrying it in something that is not immaculately clean(pocket, bottom of a frequently used purse, laptop bag, etc.) you may want one of those sleeves/pouches to keep the phone clean.

I am very good at dropping phones, so I got an inexpensive, snap-on silicone body case. It does make the phone feel very secure in your hand and makes it hard to accidentally knock it off a smooth surface like a counter, table or desk. The docks will not fit though with the case on. Sleeves/pouches have an advantage in that you can slide them off and use the various docks.

Also using the Verizon Droid 3-pack screen covers.

Last edited:

IIIunityIII

Reaction score
I just got the seidio protector with my innocase yesterday. It went on pretty easy with a good amount of care. There are two small bubbles around the cut out for the phone speaker that I can't get out, but it really doesn't look bad (I'm just OCD). Other than that you can't even tell that I have a screen protector on.

The tactile feel is excellent!! It doesn't hinder the touch screen at all.

It collects about the same amount of fingerprints that the naked screen does, maybe slightly more.

If your in the market for a screen protector, I don't think you'll go wrong with seidio's. I'm very satisfied with it.