Remedy for Fingerprints on Screen

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has found a good screen protector or other accessory that really helps with the build up of finger prints and skin grease on the Droid's screen. I know the iPhone 3GS has an oleo-phobic screen, but is there anything for the Droid that would help?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has found a good screen protector or other accessory that really helps with the build up of finger prints and skin grease on the Droid's screen. I know the iPhone 3GS has an oleo-phobic screen, but is there anything for the Droid that would help?

I just use the normal screen protectors and then just wipe it off from time to time.

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
some people i've read are using some rain-x on their screen and they say it helps with the smudges and removes them easier... havent personally tried it yet though

Shel

Reaction score
I'm using the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector, and love it!

I had previously used the Seidio screen protector, and while I liked it, I was always wiping the smudges and fingerprints off of it. It also didn't wipe off as easily as the naked Droid screen.

Well, I broke down and purchased these...

SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for Motorola Droid A855

They're out of stock right now, but keep your eye out, or search to see if somewhere else carries them.

They are AMAZING at keeping fingerprints off of your screen! It really was the only thing that bugged me about my droid... the device looks sleek, modern, but the screen was covered in smudges....

Might sound a little compulsive (not like you can't use the device, even if it has fingerprints all over it), but....

By the way, these go on very easy, and don't require water/soapy liquid to install! They have a film backing with a tab, for easy removal right when you're going to install it, and it comes with a micro fiber cloth to clean your screen, and a plastic squeegee to get out bubbles during installation.

othgar

Reaction score
I use an Invisible Shield from Zagg and it attracts A LOT less fingerprints and oil from my hands than the Verizon screen protector.

dverplank

Reaction score
I am so glad I stumbled across this thread. I thought I was OCD :) I had an invisishield and it worked great as a screen protector and finger print preventer.

mjs31

Reaction score
Tried rainx and it helped for a very short time. Was not worth it to me. Any screen protector seems to do much better than nothing at all.

805waves

Reaction score
Tried all of them and Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector is the best. . .

OP
AquaDan88

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Cool, I'll try out the SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint one. Seems to be out of stock everywhere, including eBay. (lame lol) I'll keep and eye out for it.

Thanks guys!

Booch_21

Reaction score
I didn't know that this was a big deal. I've been using my shirt or a tissue and its doing fine with no scratching.

mntbikejack

Reaction score
I use the inside of my pockets. The Droid is always fingerprint free and clean when remmoved from a pocket for use.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
It drives me nuts, too! And if you happen to be wearing makeup, that mess on the screen is annoying, as well. I took off the screen protector I had on there. I am going to try some RainX wipes. If those aren't what I need, I will try to locate the Steinheil screen protector and give it a shot.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At Walmart you can pick up a 50 pack of Weiss lens cleaners at the optometrical department and it will cost you 3.00. That's what I used on my Storm and it's what I use on my Droid.

You can also clean your eye glasses with it.:D