Screen does it's own thing, presses buttons, goes into apps..

jwilke101

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as this.. Just like a ghost is running my phone for me..

Has this problem been resolved for anybody.. I have found that it is a common problem, but, everybody seems to only get it fixed by returning there phone back to the provider...

I have an LGL75C Straighttalk from Walmart...

Here are my symptoms...

Random apps are started as if they are being pressed, but they are not being pressed by me.. It just seems to go crazy...

It used to only happen when my phone was on the charger, with the screen off.. I would notice that apps were starting up while it was charging.. At first, it wasn't an issue cause it only happened when it was on the charger.

I almost cant change the settings anymore.. really freaks out then..
I notice that it likes to start the app that is on the bottom left corner of my screen..

There are no scratches there.. and I don't use a screen protector.. I looked for dirt under my screen, doesn't seem to be any..

I did notice that it happens terribly when my battery is at about 15%.. (off the charger)...

was thinking that it was maybe heat, but, I let it cool off and then turn it back on.. and it happens for a while, then gets better...

I keep my screen as dim as possible.. I only charge it now when it is turned off.. (annoying)...

This is a problem that got progressively worse.. I almost cant use the phone at times.. it calls people.. sends random messages, etc.. Makes me want to smash it against the wall..

My phone is not rooted and I have never put any roms on it..

I have set it back to the factory settings, and it still seems to do it..

It happened right away after the factory reset, too.. I almost couldn't get my google account onto the phone cause I was fighting the buttons to get it there..

I'm pretty sure that I am using the charger that came with the phone.. problem is, that I have so many chargers from different phones, that I'm not sure is the right one.. lol.. The one I am using fits, and says LG on it.. shouldn't really matter though cause I sometimes charge from USB, when hooked to the PC..

I have installed AVG to scan it for Virus, but, says there are none..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards,
Jeff

WillisD

Reaction score
Has this problem been resolved for anybody.. I have found that it is a common problem, but, everybody seems to only get it fixed by returning there phone back to the provider...

I have an LGL75C Straighttalk from Walmart...

Here are my symptoms...

Random apps are started as if they are being pressed, but they are not being pressed by me.. It just seems to go crazy...

It used to only happen when my phone was on the charger, with the screen off.. I would notice that apps were starting up while it was charging.. At first, it wasn't an issue cause it only happened when it was on the charger.

I almost cant change the settings anymore.. really freaks out then..
I notice that it likes to start the app that is on the bottom left corner of my screen..

There are no scratches there.. and I don't use a screen protector.. I looked for dirt under my screen, doesn't seem to be any..

I did notice that it happens terribly when my battery is at about 15%.. (off the charger)...

was thinking that it was maybe heat, but, I let it cool off and then turn it back on.. and it happens for a while, then gets better...

I keep my screen as dim as possible.. I only charge it now when it is turned off.. (annoying)...

This is a problem that got progressively worse.. I almost cant use the phone at times.. it calls people.. sends random messages, etc.. Makes me want to smash it against the wall..

My phone is not rooted and I have never put any roms on it..

I have set it back to the factory settings, and it still seems to do it..

It happened right away after the factory reset, too.. I almost couldn't get my google account onto the phone cause I was fighting the buttons to get it there..

I'm pretty sure that I am using the charger that came with the phone.. problem is, that I have so many chargers from different phones, that I'm not sure is the right one.. lol.. The one I am using fits, and says LG on it.. shouldn't really matter though cause I sometimes charge from USB, when hooked to the PC..

I have installed AVG to scan it for Virus, but, says there are none..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards,
Jeff

Sounds like the digitizer is bad, not much that u can do, maybe it has a warranty or something

Hailey Olson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Mine is going way worse I just downloaded subway surfers as a game to play when im bored. And then today its going crazy I cant even log into my phone. Its messing where everything was on my phone, and its messing with the settings, keeps typing its own things. And im super scared cause my mom gave it to me and I dont want her to have to go get it fixed at a store so can someone help. Also my phone is a LG G2 if that helps at all.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Uninstall the game. If that doesn't work, mom will understand. That's what parents do.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@Sajo
Feel free to walk her through it. That's what you do.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Uhhh.....OK?

GranPaSmurf

Reaction score
Don't get sassy, boy!

My S7 EDGE is infected with the same disease. Not as bad as some have posted. Occasionally, maybe a couple of times a week. App system properties screens pop up for a fraction of a second. The phone is back to normal after a minute or so. It doesn't correlate to charger but seems to be during the initialization after a restart.
Galaxy S7 Edge - not rooted but with the developer options enabled. I use Action Launcher. My apps are mostly utilities - no games.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A little drastic.... Have y'all considered a factory data reset? Sets your phone to "outta the box" condition

GranPaSmurf

Reaction score
Well, yeah, the thought crossed my mind. But in my case, it's just an occasional annoyance. Not nearly as bad as the posts above. For now, I'll just wait until it gets worse...or better.
BTW, all, I know this is what always gets blamed, but I think my issue showed up after the last security update.