Just after start up I get a Force close boot loop after installing Cyanogen 6.0

smokecrops

Reaction score
So I've really done it now. I might as well shoot myself in the head. I installed clockword mod after I rooted my droid and did an install from SD card where I had the Cyanogen in the SD card's root. it asked me if i wanted to backup prior to install and i thought i said yes, and then it started the process, it rebooted in the ROM install boot program, and I selected install from zip, i navigated down to the Cyanogen zip file and it asked me to install and I did.

It said install complete, I was soo happy as the cyanogen logo came up in place of the Red Droid eye, but then it gets to the unlock screen but after you slide it to unlock it goes into a FC error: "Sorry! The application Launcher (process com.koushikdutta.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force Close], over and over and over and over, no matter what, you press force close and it comes right back up, I can receive phone calls and i can lock it using the power button on top and go to silent mode or airplane mode but thats it.

I can also hold the x button and power button to go to the boot menu, and theres an option to reset to factory settings or whatever but im not sure that will even work, and I'll lose my entire life if i do that....so yeah im boned...:icon_ banana:

I'm the reason they have the exclaimer prior to installation, and I'm the person who they are referencing when they say be careful this could brick your phone.

so if anyone can help me, or explain how to get my phone back to normal, or direct me to the nearest suicide booth that would be great.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
First off....what are you worried about losing with a factory reset??

Secondly. Wiping data and cache will more than likely solve your problem.

If you made a backup it would be in a nandroid folder. I don't use clockwork, but there should be a backup/restore option.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
Thank you so much, man you guys here are amazing at responding quickly.....I am super super impressed, thank you so much....I tried clear the data cache and nothing changed, if I restore to factory dont i lose all my downloaded apps and my phone book and all my other stuff?...but man I am in awe of how awesome you guys are here on this forum...thank you so much, like for real....I only slightly feel like shooting myself....again thank you for the help, I'm a super noob when it comes to droids and smart phones in general...

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Thank you so much, man you guys here are amazing at responding quickly.....I am super super impressed, thank you so much....I tried clear the data cache and nothing changed, if I restore to factory dont i lose all my downloaded apps and my phone book and all my other stuff?...but man I am in awe of how awesome you guys are here on this forum...thank you so much, like for real....I only slightly feel like shooting myself....again thank you for the help, I'm a super noob when it comes to droids and smart phones in general...

In reality you won't lose anything if you do a factory reset because everything is backed up through google and will restore everything when you restart your phone. And don't be so hard on yourself everyone makes mistakes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its ok.......you won't lose you apps you may have to set them up again but they will auto restore after you log into google. Your contacts are the same. They are synced with your gmail account so they will return as well.
What you can try is wipe data and cache, then install the ROM again.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
ok.....this is like learning to walk before you crawl....sooo I've done pretty much everything back-assward, the wrong way, and waaaaay before I was ready....but you guys are great, holding my hand, encouraging me, telling me I'm not a total idiot, and mistakes like this happen all the time....so I did a factory clear/ wipe from the loader screen, and poof, magically booted right up, perfect cyanogen mod, running approx, 50 times faster than stock or rooted 2.2, but my apps and the market is gone, plus i can't get it to recognize my gmail account, I'm in the process of downloading the google app add-on for froyo right now, but im not sure how to install it...also i cant figure out what to put under domain/username for syncing my gmail and facebook accounts...is this something that will resolve itself after the google app are installed?....thanks a million dudes...you guys have really centered my chakra ...thanks

boostedhonda

Reaction score
ok.....this is like learning to walk before you crawl....sooo I've done pretty much everything back-assward, the wrong way, and waaaaay before I was ready....but you guys are great, holding my hand, encouraging me, telling me I'm not a total idiot, and mistakes like this happen all the time....so I did a factory clear/ wipe from the loader screen, and poof, magically booted right up, perfect cyanogen mod, running approx, 50 times faster than stock or rooted 2.2, but my apps and the market is gone, plus i can't get it to recognize my gmail account, I'm in the process of downloading the google app add-on for froyo right now, but im not sure how to install it...also i cant figure out what to put under domain/username for syncing my gmail and facebook accounts...is this something that will resolve itself after the google app are installed?....thanks a million dudes...you guys have really centered my chakra ...thanks

You install the google apps package just like you installed your rom. And yeah it should fix your sync problems, good luck.

YodaCracken

Reaction score
Droid X won't get to boot recovery menu

ok,

I have done everything y'all have said and i cannot get the menu to show up. I am able to access gmails if i hit force close, and quickly pull down the drawer, hit force close again and hit the email notification.. but the force close warning relentlessly comes back. I pulled the battery, hold down the home button, then hold the power button. the triangle with the "!" in the middle and the little Droid guy to the right. i hit the search button and nothing happens, wait a few minutes... nothing hit the search button... nothing... 15 min later.. nothing.

what do i do now?

( I had installed bootstrap, tried to "restore" the Liberty 1.5 .zip, didn't know i needed to install the clockwork mod, ran boot strap again this is when the fail started)