Rebooting on it's own!!!

amberc922

Reaction score
Hello
I hope someone has an answer for this. I have been a droid owner for just over a month now. I started off with a droid two and had nothing but problems so they let me switch to the droid x. I've had it about 10 days and it has bern great until this past friday. It starts with just randomly preparing sd card then the next problem that comes up is rebooting on it's own whenever. With my droid 2 theysaid its a software issue that google is working on fixing so is it the same problem? It just seems odd that it works perfectly fine for a week or so then starts acting up. Can someone help me before I go crazy?

Thanks
Amber

Fyi I don't use task killers or anti virus apps either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Pdigg

Reaction score
I have no first hand personal experience with the phone, but a family member of mine has been complaining about her Droid X. Rebooting is one of the issues she has had. Others are phone lagging/freezing and inability to answer calls when they come in (also hanging up on people when she is able to answer).
I think she took the phone to Verizon and they did some kind of wipe/reset on it. So far, for the past week, she hasn't had any repeats.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Amta

Reaction score
Yeah, my phone does the random reboot as well. Have done factory reset multiple times yet stillhappens. Found out yesterday that this is a known issue due to froyo and Droid X that Motorola is addressing. I've also had the problem of music and video files (including Youtube) not playing. Here is the Motorola post I found.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/38876

error1985

Reaction score
I too have this problem. It will randomly reboot and sometimes when It freezes and I reboot manually, It will give me the Motorola sign FOREVER until I just take out the battery and reinsert it after a minute. Even then it may not give me the droid letters and full restart until a couple battery pulls.

wjones21

Reaction score
Same thing happens to my phone, and I've done hard reset numerous times. Also, this issue occurred with 2.1 AND 2.2.

elppAnOssiP

Reaction score
Any fix to the random rebooting? We have a new DX in the household and it's doing it a few times a day.

Dustin.

Reaction score
I've had a few customers complaining about this, what I did was a cache/data wipe and did a factory reset within the phone and I have yet to hear of anymore problems..

Honestly I think it's a bad batch of X's just like their was with the Incredible's. Because I've had my X for almost 2 weeks and still no issues, not sluggish one bit, and no random reboots.

elppAnOssiP

Reaction score
I contacted Verizon today and they said to bring it in and they'll replace it with a new unit. dancedroid

SkeetSkeet

Reaction score
If you 'bring' it in, they will send you home and tell you to wait till they can FedEx you one. Just did this last friday night, and was promised to be delivered the next day (saturday). I called Verizon at 5pm on Sat and they said FedEx does not deliver on Sats. Just my ****ty luck

elppAnOssiP

Reaction score
If you 'bring' it in, they will send you home and tell you to wait till they can FedEx you one. Just did this last friday night, and was promised to be delivered the next day (saturday). I called Verizon at 5pm on Sat and they said FedEx does not deliver on Sats. Just my ****ty luck

Well I just returned from Verizon with a new DX. No questions asked. The phone was only a couple days old, so that may have helped my cause. In fact, it rebooted twice while they were playing with it.

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
I have noticed this problem with my X also but only occasionally (once-twice a week).