Sapphire 1.1.1 same Flash Player problems as other ROMs...

Reaction score
Just tried out Sapphire 1.1.1, and it is having the same Flash player problems as SS4.7, CM6.0, and UD8, where if you go to certain radio station websites and click on "Listen Live", the audio is slowed/slurred. The only recently released ROM so far I have seen that has not been affected by this is LFY1.6. These big devs need to get with liquid0624 and find out what he/they arte doing RIGHT!!!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tuned in to my local rock station's website and streamed their content with no problems at all. In fact, I turned on my car stereo to the same station and the only difference was the 1-2 second delay from the FM signal.

Anybody else experience issues like Darth?

OP
DarthMurdicide
Reaction score
I just tuned in to my local rock station's website and streamed their content with no problems at all. In fact, I turned on my car stereo to the same station and the only difference was the 1-2 second delay from the FM signal.

Anybody else experience issues like Darth?

It's only on some sites, but it is definitely a ROM issue. Try 1250 AM WTMA: The Big Talker | News and Talk from Charleston, South Carolina, and "Listen Live"; I guarantee you'll hear what I'm talking about.

ckamc

Reaction score
this issue is also present with certain flash sites. i tried editing my build props http stagefront to false but that doesn't seem to fix it either

Zargon

Reaction score
I'm having this problem too, with the hacked Hulu app. It worked fine on 1.0.

captdroid

Reaction score
Yea same here. Garbled sound on some flash content. Sapphire 1.1.1 w/latest Adobe Flash player from the market.

wingdo

Reaction score
Just tried out Sapphire 1.1.1, and it is having the same Flash player problems as SS4.7, CM6.0, and UD8, where if you go to certain radio station websites and click on "Listen Live", the audio is slowed/slurred. The only recently released ROM so far I have seen that has not been affected by this is LFY1.6. These big devs need to get with liquid0624 and find out what he/they arte doing RIGHT!!!

I refuse to try LFY again. Their freaking "supporters" love going into other ROMs forums and stating how much better their ROM is than the ROM in question (Sapphire, CM, SS whatever). Bunch of children.

Last edited by a moderator:

captdroid

Reaction score

I refuse to try LFY again. Their freaking "supporters" love going into other ROMs forums and stating how much better their ROM is than the ROM in question (Sapphire, CM, SS whatever). Bunch of effin' children.

For me not enough an issue to check out LFY. IMO interesting this poster saying LFY doesn't have the problem but all other ROMS do. I'm sure CVPCS and other devs will be checking it out or google or Adobe will release updated code to fix.

wingdo

Reaction score
These big devs need to get with liquid0624 and find out what he/they arte doing RIGHT!!!

So you want to know what he/they are doing? OK, here it is .............

in build.prop (the settings file used at boot by android to set damn near everything user definable) they are using audio and video encoding maximums which are lower than default. This has an upside and a downside. The upside is, more streaming information will come through "without issue" (meaning slowness or stuttering or pausing). The downside is, the quality is lower.

If anyone wants these "improvements" in other ROMs, they can just copy / paste everything which starts with ro.media.enc from LFY's build.prop into their ROM's build.prop.

(This info came from looking at 4 different build.props. LFY, Sapphire, UD and SS).

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please do not engage each other in these "My ROM is better then your ROM" battles. Liquid people, it's just causing tempers to flair, and Sapphire people you should just ignore them not engage them.

So Please, let's enjoy the ROM of our choice and quit the bickering. If you can't do it, I'll shut the thread down.

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. I've tried to listen to 89x and it sounds like they've lowered the bit rate A LOT and I know I have sufficient bandwidth for the full stream.

captdroid

Reaction score
These big devs need to get with liquid0624 and find out what he/they arte doing RIGHT!!!

in build.prop (the settings file used at boot by android to set damn near everything user definable) they are using audio and video encoding maximums which are lower than default. This has an upside and a downside. The upside is, more streaming information will come through "without issue" (meaning slowness or stuttering or pausing). The downside is, the quality is lower.

If anyone wants these "improvements" in other ROMs, they can just copy / paste everything which starts with ro.media.enc from LFY's build.prop into their ROM's build.prop.

(This info came from looking at 4 different build.props. LFY, Sapphire, UD and SS).

Thanks for that! Really good to know. :)

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score

I tried this method yesterday. It doesnt work. Its more than just build.prop encoding maximums.

I tried copying just the ro.media.enc* lines. no go. still slow mo.

I even tried pushing their _entire_ build.prop file to my rom. still a no go. still slow mo.

I will continue to search for a solution.

captdroid

Reaction score

I tried this method yesterday. It doesnt work. Its more than just build.prop encoding maximums.

I tried copying just the ro.media.enc* lines. no go. still slow mo.

I even tried pushing their _entire_ build.prop file to my rom. still a no go. still slow mo.

I will continue to search for a solution.

Thanks! You saved me the time trying. Please let us know if you find the fix. :)