Flash 10.1 on Droid and XM Radio Flash Player

REMilk

Reaction score
I installed both Flash 10.1 on my Droid 1 and the Adobe Showcase, I went to several sites from Adobe showcase and video and audio were acceptable, not great but acceptable. I turned the media audio to the loudest setting.

I went to XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service and logged into my account. I then went to their flash player (which works fine on my PC), and selected a station. The station came up, the current song was playing and then it went to the next song.

The problem is there is no audio coming out. I can see the songs change on both the Droid and the PC, but I am getting no audio from the Droid; I am hearing the sound from the PC.

Is this a flash problem or has Sirius/XM somehow blocked the audio to force you to use their app and pay an additional $2.99/month for the service?

Thanks for any advice!
Bob

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine (on the other carrier) has Sirius and it costs him an extra $2.99 a month on top of his regular subscription for the mobile app

OP
REMilk

REMilk

Reaction score
A buddy of mine (on the other carrier) has Sirius and it costs him an extra $2.99 a month on top of his regular subscription for the mobile app

I believe you are just reiterating what I stated in the last sentence of my post.

funkdoctor

Reaction score

I believe you are just reiterating what I stated in the last sentence of my post.

The Sirius/XM stream uses a Windows Media Player codec, which I am positive is not installed in our browser (or any mobile browser that I am aware of). Dunno how you would enable it.

sonikbewm

Reaction score
If you are listening to it on the computer, you are already paying the extra $2.99 a month. They don't charge you seperately to listen online and then again on your phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The last sentence in your post was in question form and had a question mark at the end of it, and your post also went on to say "Thanks for any advice" I was just confirming your question with my experience and at the same time trying to help.

OP
REMilk

REMilk

Reaction score
That explains it!

The Sirius/XM stream uses a Windows Media Player codec, which I am positive is not installed in our browser (or any mobile browser that I am aware of). Dunno how you would enable it.

Thank you. That definitely explains why i cannot hear any audio.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is some more useful information, I went here http://www.siriusxm.com/android/indexm.html with my Droid's browser, downloaded the free Sirius/XM seven day free trial app, installed it via Root Explorer (I have no preexisting Sirius or XM account) signed up for my free trial after launching the app and am now enjoying satellite radio via my Droid (with audio).

There was also an option for users with previous accounts to log in, I highly doubt this will be a free service even for existing customers, anywhere they can make a dollar they will, there is no shame

OP
REMilk

REMilk

Reaction score
If you are listening to it on the computer, you are already paying the extra $2.99 a month. They don't charge you seperately to listen online and then again on your phone.

Not everyone has to pay the $2.99 for "XM" streaming audio. (This does not include Sirius). Those of us who were long time streamers were grandfathered in the XM radio online service and receive the 'basic' online stream free. I understand that the number of subscribers that fell into the grandfathered services was very small and the number is actually decreasing because when the XM unit you had at the time you registered for the old online service needs to be replaced, you are no longer eligible for the grandfathered service. If I want the enhanced service or streaming to their Android app, then I need to pay the $2.99 per month.

Bob