Flash Player not getting along with UD 8.0

K

kEEPING IT REAL

Hi I download the auto fix billygalbreath put out and got the lib files from UD7 mixed. Then with some of the files billygalbreath put out. If anyone want to try it here it is AUDIO_FIX-sholes2.zip.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi I download the auto fix billygalbreath put out and got the lib files from UD7 mixed. Then with some of the files billygalbreath put out. If anyone want to try it here it is AUDIO_FIX-sholes2.zip.
I didn't think about trying to edit UDv7.0 lib files with Billy's audio-fix files.... may try yours out , but currently running v7.0 and with v9.0 due out, may not ever get to try Bro.... regardless though, good job...:)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't think about trying to edit UDv7.0 lib files with Billy's audio-fix files.... may try yours out , but currently running v7.0 and with v9.0 due out, may not ever get to try Bro.... regardless though, good job...:)
Didn't fix the slurring audio brah...

OP
DarthMurdicide
Reaction score
Actually now that you mention it, I am also now suffering from that same exact problem. Flash works fine but the video camera portion of the camera does not work correctly. As soon as you press the record button the window turns to black and you see no picture. You have to stop the recording and then the camera force quits :( To me Flash is more important, but obviously it would be nice to have both things working.

This is definitely a problem with UD. In fact, I made recorded a new video yesterday at work using ShadowRom with the flash fix, worked fine.

Hopefully Blackdroid will fix ya'lls camera issues with v9.

;)

Plz don't come in here talking ur rom up trying to get ud users on it. I know u and ur lil comments and how they are meant. So plz stop. Keep ur rom and talk of it in ur section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Paranoia will destroy ya...

Seriously, I don't think he's talking smack, just stating the obvious...ShadowROM (and LFY 1.6 for that matter) have working fixes for this Flash player issue, whereas UD8 does not, even though this issue has been known about since at least 9/2/10 when I started this post (maybe even before that). So if you and BD don't want other people trying out and talking about other ROMs / solutions, here's a novel idea...FIX THE FLASH ISSUE! BD said he was going to fix this on the same day as my original post...back on 9/2/10...

Last edited:

segdoh49

Reaction score
I'm going to post a question and maybe it's not the right place but since UDx 8 is not playing well with Flash Player I compared the System.lib files in the two releases.
Now I don't know if it pertains or not, just going to throw it out cause it seems a little weird to me. Most of the .lib files in UDx8 are dated 02/28/2008
and in UDx 7 they are dated 08/01/2010. Seems odd that in UDx7 there was no problems with Flash Player and in UDx 8 there is a problem. Dont know if this relates or not It just doesn't make sense to me. Any input would be appreciated...
Side note: There were also 14 files added to the UDx 8 also dated 2008 that were omitted in UDx 7

So am I barking up the wrong tree ?????

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm going to post a question and maybe it's not the right place but since UDx 8 is not playing well with Flash Player I compared the System.lib files in the two releases.
Now I don't know if it pertains or not, just going to throw it out cause it seems a little weird to me. Most of the .lib files in UDx8 are dated 02/28/2008
and in UDx 7 they are dated 08/01/2010. Seems odd that in UDx7 there was no problems with Flash Player and in UDx 8 there is a problem. Dont know if this relates or not It just doesn't make sense to me. Any input would be appreciated...
Go back to UDv7.0 if there are websites that you use and doesn't work right in UDv8.0... you don't really gain anything in UDv8 over v7

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note: There were also 14 files added to the UDx 8 also dated 2008 that were omitted in UDx 7

If I was smart enough with the ROM stuff, Id try to swap them out and see what happens. Anyone care to try?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If I was smart enough with the ROM stuff, Id try to swap them out and see what happens. Anyone care to try?
perhaps you'd like to try.... I've transferred UDv7.0 lib files into UDv8.0's.....flash like a update.zip (rename if using SPRecovery, no need to rename if using ClockwWorkMod)
Make a Nandroid backup first!!
BillyGalbreath_SLOW_MO_AUDIO_FIX-sholes_forUDv8_UDv7libfiles.zip

segdoh49

Reaction score

perhaps you'd like to try.... I've transferred UDv7.0 lib files into UDv8.0's.....flash like a update.zip (rename if using SPRecovery, no need to rename if using ClockwWorkMod)
I made a zip file with just the ten lib file that everyone else was using but I just used the 10 out of UD 7.. But are you saying use all the ilb files from UD7 to replace all in UD 8 and then flash. If I knew how to upload the file I would post it for your review.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I made a zip file with just the ten lib file that everyone else was using but I just used the 10 out of UD 7.. But are you saying use all the ilb files from UD7 to replace all in UD 8 and then flash. If I knew how to upload the file I would post it for your review.
I had already done kinda the same thing before, but Billy's fix wasn't compatible to UD...even if I did ue UD's lib folder and swapped out only what Billy had in his fix...
But I made another zip with UDv7 lib files inserted into UDv8's lib folder, only overwriting those that were in there and leaving others alone.
Am going to try it now...

segdoh49

Reaction score
I've transferred UDv7.0 lib files into UDv8.0's.....flash like a update.zip (rename if using SPRecovery, no need to rename if using ClockwWorkMod)
BillyGalbreath_SLOW_MO_AUDIO_FIX-sholes_forUDv8_UDv7libfiles.zip[/QUOTE]
You said you tried swapping the Ud 7 lib files with Ud 8 lib files ????
aND WHAT WAS THE RESULTS ?

I posted after you, I think I'm going to try the full .lib files from UDx 7 to replace all the .lib files in UDx 8 also.........

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've transferred UDv7.0 lib files into UDv8.0's.....flash like a update.zip (rename if using SPRecovery, no need to rename if using ClockwWorkMod)

I posted after you, I think I'm going to try the full .lib files from UDx 7 to replace all the .lib files in UDx 8 also.........[/QUOTE]
Result was failure to boot up....
My recommendation is for you to go back to UDv7.0 or live with the way UDv8.0 is for now.... and wait for UDv9.0

segdoh49

Reaction score

I posted after you, I think I'm going to try the full .lib files from UDx 7 to replace all the .lib files in UDx 8 also.........
Result was failure to boot up....
My recommendation is for you to go back to UDv7.0 or live with the way UDv8.0 is for now.... and wait for UDv9.0[/QUOTE]
I can live with UD8 cause I dont use Flash that much. I never had seven installed. So I probably won't....just bugs me and I can't stand it when thing don't work as expected. Guess I'll just wait and see if BD fixes it in UDEx 9.0

segdoh49

Reaction score
I was having trouble downloading from the Market, I guess from other post the Market was having some problems. Anyways I redownloaded Flash Player and after the download I had no more problems with the slow, garbbled speech. So maybe it had nothing to do with UDEx 8.0 Now I'm confused..... Trouble is always where you find it !!!!!