Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Being that the S5 has a new processor AND a larger battery, (not to mention KitKat, which improves on power consumption) there's no doubt this new 2K display will do just fine in the battery life area. I'm a spec junky myself so I say, keep it coming! As long as it gets me through the better part of a workday, battery life is the least of my worries. I'm almost always near an AC outlet and during those long wknds when I would like 2 days worth of battery life, there will always be extended replacement batteries... which I'm sure will be hitting the market very soon.
Unlike the fruit phones, Android gives the consumer tons of options to make every user happy, whether it be the Droid Maxx which offers superior battery life to the pure Google goodness of the Nexus line, we've got it good, whatever your needs (and wants) may be.
Smartphones are the new PC, and we all know how long that battle lasted. Manufacturers will continue pushing the spec envelope for many years to come, and I like it! :)

tap'n

Bara65

Reaction score
I have no doubt that S5 with QHD 2k screen will do fine with battery given all these advances in hardware and OS. But if it's equipped with full HD with the same spec, it will run faster, smoother as CPU/GPU will push much less number of pixels. And though it won't be like 78% difference just based on pixel count, there will be battery gain too.

Seems like there will be two versions, standard with full HD and premium with 2K display. If specs are similar besides screen resolution, I will pick cheaper standard version. Full HD screen should be sharp enough for me.