Samsung May Beat Apple to Market with a Retina-Res Tablet in February 2012

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Retina-tablet.jpg

This would be a remarkable coup, if it runs out to be true. A source within the industry indicates that Samsung may actually launch a Retina-resolution tablet in February of next year. This will be ahead of Apple's next iPad which was supposed to be the first tablet device with a Retina-display. The tablet that Samsung will supposedly introduce will have the following impressive specs:
  • Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 11.6 Inch Display with a massive 2560 x 1600 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio
  • A dual-core Exynos 5250 CPU clocked at 2GHz - Which will be very competitive and slightly similar to the A6 CPU coming in the next iPad
  • A special feature called "Android Beam" for easy syncing of media with a Galaxy Nexus
  • Also a special wireless docking mode for gaming on HDTVs to help Samsung compete with Apple TV, AirPlay and others
The above pic is likely just an artist's render at this point, but the tablet is likely to be announced during Mobile World Congress, in February of next year. We will keep a watch on this one for more info or pics.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via BGR

B-Unit

Reaction score
LMAO Are you kidding me? The 'pic above' is an iPad2 with a Samsung logo poorly layered on it.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Who designed that rendering??

Anyways, why does anyone need that kind of resolution on a screen?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Who designed that rendering??

Anyways, why does anyone need that kind of resolution on a screen?

They don't, its just bragging rights. I've seen more than enough iPhone 4 phones with retina displays (man, I hate that name retina display) and you know, its not something amazing. If you look closely, you can see the pixels. On my DX with a much larger screen, I don't see any "jaggies" around the edges. Its just selling points.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Perhaps the "artist" has the right idea, splash SAMSUNG on the face of the tablet and there is NO WA& apple can claim it looks like an ipad and when the judge holds it up in court and asks which is which it will be pretty obvious.