Samsung Closing the Gap on Apple's Tablet Marketshare

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-tablet-in-your-face.png

It looks like within the next year Apple's iPad may be unseated as the top dog in tablet marketshare globally. Of course, it's their chief rival, Samsung, who is closing the gap. According to the latest reports, Samsung’s global tablet market share rose to 23% in the first quarter of this year. This is within spitting distance of the 30% total global marketshare for the Apple iPad.

Just last year alone, Samsung shipped twice as many tablets as they did in 2012, to the tune of 40 Million total tablet shipments. Samsung expects to ship up to 100 Million this year. A Samsung exec had this to say,

“We have implemented a comprehensive sales plan for tablets, from emerging countries to developed ones. We have overcome last year’s weak fourth quarter (for the first quarter this year).”

Of course, past success is only a marginal useful indicator of future success, but if Samsung can continue to keep their current pace, they will close the gap and perhaps overtake the iPad marketshare.

Source: ZDNet

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Their new note series (10.1 2014 and up) is really really really good.
Anything before that.... It's just ok.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get the love for IOS, at all. Yeah, it "just works" because it prevents you from pushing it too hard. How boring to just have a series of screens with shortcuts to launch apps. Long live the widget!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get the love for IOS, at all. Yeah, it "just works" because it prevents you from pushing it too hard. How boring to just have a series of screens with shortcuts to launch apps. Long live the widget!

It only requires one word to describe most of the iOS users I know, "sheep".