Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Screen but touch works

civlianrebel

Reaction score
Hello, I had to make a new account here to be able to post this but here is my issue: The screen will not show anything, but touch still works(can accept calls by swiping etc...) I replace my entire AMOLED assembly a while back and don't want to replace it again, but to make sure I have also opened my phone up and reseated all of the connectors. But the screen randomly turned off and wont turn on. I can boot it up but don't see anything. I know the touch screen still works because I can hear the lock sound when I unlock my phone and I can accept incoming calls. I can still take screenshots and view them from my computer as well. It won't even show a boot animation and will not show anything on recovery or download so I am pretty much navigating blind on my phone. Thank you for any help in advanced.

gargoor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s3
I got the same problem. I see no answers here. All i know is that i got to replace the screen and digitizer. I donno if u can buy the digitzer seperately. its expensive though . it costs half the price of a new one

Jenn623

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
I have the exact same problem. The touch screen is working but I can only see a black screen. If somebody knows exactly what to do in this situation, please let us know. Thanks!