1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Screen but touch works

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by civlianrebel, Dec 8, 2013.

1. civlianrebel

civlianrebel New Member

Hello, I had to make a new account here to be able to post this but here is my issue: The screen will not show anything, but touch still works(can accept calls by swiping etc...) I replace my entire AMOLED assembly a while back and don't want to replace it again, but to make sure I have also opened my phone up and reseated all of the connectors. But the screen randomly turned off and wont turn on. I can boot it up but don't see anything. I know the touch screen still works because I can hear the lock sound when I unlock my phone and I can accept incoming calls. I can still take screenshots and view them from my computer as well. It won't even show a boot animation and will not show anything on recovery or download so I am pretty much navigating blind on my phone. Thank you for any help in advanced.
  2. gargoor

gargoor New Member

I got the same problem. I see no answers here. All i know is that i got to replace the screen and digitizer. I donno if u can buy the digitzer seperately. its expensive though . it costs half the price of a new one
Search tags for this page
black screen on galaxy s3

black screen on samsung galaxy s3

cant see anything on galaxy s3 screen

galaxy s3 black screen

galaxy s3 screen black but still works

galaxy s3 startup sound works but screen is blank

galaxy s3 works but screen is black

my galaxy s3 screen is black but still works

phone works but screen is black

s3 black screen

samsung galaxy 3 all black screen but i can still touch it