Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

The Samsung Galaxy S II U.S. sign up page is now LIVE!
Head on over to Samsung’s site now then and register to receive word on when this beast of a phone will be landing on our shores.
wink.png

Be sure to check out Galaxy Forums - covering Samsung Galaxy Family of phones.

Wetzilla

Reaction score
If this does end up supporting LTE then this is definitely my next phone. If it is just 3g then it's going to be a tough choice between this and the Bionic.

Reaction score
Im not getting this phone because of tons of problem with all Samsung Galaxy smartphone model on all carriers.

What makes you think this phone will be better choice without tons of problem like Vibrant etc etc ?

poooookah78

Reaction score
Im not getting this phone because of tons of problem with all Samsung Galaxy smartphone model on all carriers.

What makes you think this phone will be better choice without tons of problem like Vibrant etc etc ?

Because the phone has been out for several months now in Asia and Europe (parts)... and if you just look at youtube for example, you'll see hundreds of awesome reviews and unboxings... Definitely my next phone even without 4g. The hardware and software is superior to the Bionic in every category.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Because the phone has been out for several months now in Asia and Europe (parts)... and if you just look at youtube for example, you'll see hundreds of awesome reviews and unboxings... Definitely my next phone even without 4g. The hardware and software is superior to the Bionic in every category.

Exactly. It's been out for awhile all around the world and has nothing but stellar reviews. I agree that the track record with the Galaxy S models is spotty, but none of those issues seem to have translated to the Galaxy S II. Samsung has really learned from their mistakes and upped their game with this one.

chewy74

Reaction score

Godfather

Reaction score
Probably be my next phone even if it has no 4G.

I'm right there with you. I don't need 4G even though I live in a 4G area. If it comes out close to me NE2, and the price isn't through the roof, I'm all over this!

Vito.a

Reaction score
Probably the closest thing we have to compare is the Samsung Charge. The Charge is $299.99 new and $199.99 certified preowned on a 2 year contract. Usually, Amazon or one of the mail order houses will be cheaper.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Probably the closest thing we have to compare is the Samsung Charge. The Charge is $299.99 new and $199.99 certified preowned on a 2 year contract. Usually, Amazon or one of the mail order houses will be cheaper.

But of course the Charge is LTE, which is why it's $299. All of Verizon's LTE phones start out in the $249 - $299 price range when they're first released. They haven't had a 3G smartphone over $199 in years (except the 32gb iPhone, but Verizon doesn't set the iPhone prices). The Galaxy S II on Verizon will only be $249 - $299 if it's LTE. It would be ridiculous of them to sell a 3G only version for more than $199. It completely breaks the pricing structure that they have established for themselves and it eliminates the "premium" price they've created for LTE phones.

So, again, if it's 3G only, it won't be any more than $199 on contract. If it's LTE, we're looking at $249 - $299 on contract (probably $299).

Cipherr

Reaction score
What about Wimax? Will that make it 299$ for sprint? Because Im hoping not, hoping it will be 199 or 249$