Samsung Mobile Facebook Post Reaffirms the Galaxy S II Coming to US this Month

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s2_facebook.jpg

A post on Samsung Mobile's Facebook page reaffirmed our earlier reports that Samsung intends to release the Galaxy S II here in the U.S. sometime in April. No official word on exact release date, nor word on carriers. Industry rumor suggests that Samsung intends to make several versions of the Galaxy S II for many different carriers. Here's the quote from the Facebook page:
We know that lots of you have been asking about the launch date of the Samsung GALAXY S II. It will be released in April and then gradually rolled out in each market according to the local launch timetable.
We will provide more details via this fan page once they become available.
Below is a link to the Facebook page where you can read many others begging for more info on this enticing superphone.

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid and SamsungMobileFacebook

creaky

Reaction score
Yeah, it's released in South Korea this month! Who knows about the US....

kyler13

Reaction score
How exactly does that Facebook comment provide any information about the timeframe for launch in the US?

allan1313

Reaction score
How exactly does that Facebook comment provide any information about the timeframe for launch in the US?

I agree. I don't see anything about a US release. All this says is that it will be released this month. Isn't the US the last to usually get the phones?

tlozano09

Reaction score
hahha yea right.

So the incredible 2, Bionic and now the Galaxy S2 coming out in april????? yea my $@#. if they release the INC2 by the end of april it will be a miracle.

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the new phone design that is in the picture. Does anybody know if this is what the phone will actually look like? I kinda liked the original design more. This version just looks more cheaply made

tlozano09

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the new phone design that is in the picture. Does anybody know if this is what the phone will actually look like? I kinda liked the original design more. This version just looks more cheaply made

personally i think it looks way better than the bionic.... design wise

joker402

Reaction score
Isn't that a pic of the original glaxay s?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
Isn't that a pic of the original glaxay s?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I don't know how I didn't even realize that. But yeah, it's the original S. Okay, that puts me more at ease.

And tlozano09, I totally agree about the Bionic. I love my D1 but Motorola makes some ugly phones.