Samsung Galaxy S 3 Will Not See an April Launch

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3.jpeg

The SGSIII merry-go-round of rumors continues with news that the handset will not see an April launch as was previously reported this past Friday. According to Korean website MT, they are citing a Samsung Official as saying that this is not happening. The publication did not disclose when the handset would be released and emphasized that Samsung still has not determined a release date, but one thing is for sure, it is not coming in "the fourth month of the year."

That's the latest folks. We are back to square one on the SGSIII. The when and where are still a mystery.

UPDATE: Samsung has confirmed via their official Twitter account that the handset will no be released in April. They have reportedly told The Verge that the handset will “be unveiled in the first half of the year.”

Via: Unwired

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Well darn. My upgrade is at the end of this month, and I have no idea what to get.

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm happy. No upgrade til Jan '13. I want this phone to be as fresh as possible when I upgrade.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if it has to do with the international launch of the device.

Games24X7

Reaction score
Samsung's new smartphone, the Galaxy S III, is likely to be launched in Britain in April :icon_ lala:. The new Samsung handset will supersede the Galaxy S II, which is widely seen as the top Android smartphone.

ZDNet Korea claimed to have confirmed the launch with Samsung's advertising agency.

by the times of India News.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Op updated with official confirmation from Samsung that the handset will not make it's way onto shelves in April

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Well darn. My upgrade is at the end of this month, and I have no idea what to get.

Go with the Galaxy Nexus! I got one this past weekend, and I'm loving it. I don't think you'd be disappointed.