Safestrap-Manage Backups

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I don't know where the folder was created on my Stock ROM backup. Obviously not my SD Card. I would like Safestrap to backup to the SD Card by default. I would also like to delete my existing backup. I'm on Safestrap 3.53 (the latest version).

Anyone? Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm only making assumptions here because SS is based off of TWRP....

Go into SS, click backup and look to see if you see a box that says "save location" or something similar. If its not in there, check settings.

To delete an old backup (make a new one first!) try clicking the restore tab, select the backup you want and there should be an erase option. Could also just delete it manually if you find the folder.

And as to the save location, it will be internal by default. Check for folders on the root of your internal SD. Something like safe system or safe etc etc.

If all of that was wrong I apologize lol.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Go into SS, click backup and look to see if you see a box that says "save location" or something similar. If its not in there, check settings.

Found it. You were partially right. What I did was, tapped Backup, and then under the "Select Partitions to Backup" section, there are two buttons, and underneath it, one long button, labled Storage. Tap that and I was able to switch from Internal Storage to MicroSDCard.

To delete an old backup (make a new one first!) try clicking the restore tab, select the backup you want and there should be an erase option. Could also just delete it manually if you find the folder.

Again, you were partially right. I went into Restore, selected the Backup, and I'm able to select what options to backup. Underneath it are two buttons, Rename Backup and Delete Backup. I should note that because I'd changed the location in the Backup section, it was looking for backups on my SDCard, not my Internal Storage. I had to flip back to Internal Storage to see the Backup folder.

and D'oh, as I did this, my screen went to screen saver mode, I swiped it to unlock and didn't see it unlock, and accidently swiped it again and ended up restoring my phone to what it was early this morning! Whoops! I'd done a whole mess of updates since then. Live an learn!

How long does the restore take?? I'm getting a little worried. The bar is at the end and has been for a couple minutes.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A restore typically can take 5-15 minutes from my experience depending on the amount of data.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
A restore typically can take 5-15 minutes from my experience depending on the amount of data.

It rebooted and as expected I'm having to uninstall a few things I uninstalled this morning. I'm a little worried though because the restore said it failed on Webtop. I'll plug my phone into my HD Station later on and see what happens.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Josh, just to be sure you know...

You only really need to do a backup once. Once you have created your safe slot for your custom ROM and installed it, you can easily switch between the two at bootup by choosing which one you want to use within safestrap. There is no need to re install your backup just to go back t the stock ROM. Essentially with safestrap, you are creating a multibooot environment where you can choose between which ROM you want to use.

EDIT: just to be safe, I would recommend switching ROMS without webtop active and just do it through the phone only.

David

helron

Reaction score
Josh, just to be sure you know...

You only really need to do a backup once. Once you have created your safe slot for your custom ROM and installed it, you can easily switch between the two at bootup by choosing which one you want to use within safestrap. There is no need to re install your backup just to go back t the stock ROM. Essentially with safestrap, you are creating a multibooot environment where you can choose between which ROM you want to use.

EDIT: just to be safe, I would recommend switching ROMS without webtop active and just do it through the phone only.

David

Interesting, but a bit confusing for me because I am not sure of what Webtop is for? What does it do? Shoud it be included in the backup within SS? Any help is appreciated. Thx! Oh! And is it Ok to store the SS backup on the external SC card and restore it form their also-or need it reside on internal card?