Cannot install safestrap on my razr help please

apl3

Reaction score
Okay I am stumped. My Razr is running the official Ics it retained root from GB. I have followed these steps from Droidrzr.com thanks Brian
2. Open Safestrap from your app drawer. Allow root and install recovery.

3. At this point I would like to point an area of trouble I have run into. In order to reboot/restart your phone to get into the Safestrap menu, you need to either use a third party app such as Rom Toolbox, or use the power button. The problem I have run into is this; When I have used the power button to reboot my phone, Safestrap will only go as far as the start screen where you chose to either run Safestrap or continue with the boot process, when I have selected menu, the phone does nothing and the screen just goes blank. So my whole point here is when at all possible always reboot your phone using a third party app.

4. Now, back to Safestrap, let's assume that you used Rom Tollbox or (when it is available) Fire Donkey to reboot your phone. When the Safestrap start screen shows press the menu soft key on your phone. This will take you to the main menu of Safestrap. Here you have the following 9 options:
- reboot system now
- install zip from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced
- safe boot menu
- power off

The menu soft key is the down button, the home soft key is the up button, the return soft key is...the return button, and the search soft key is the enter button. Use these to navigate around Safestrap rather than the volume and power buttons.

I strongly suggest that at this point that you navigate down to backup and restore and manually do a backup and put it on your ext. sd card. You should say yes to webtop and any other questions asked. The Safestrap software does an automatic backup every time you "toggle" over to safe side.

Ok, all that being said, let’s get started.

5. After the backup process is done, let’s navigate down the “safe boot menu” and select it. Click on Toggle Safe System and select Yes – Disable Safe System. This will make a backup of your system and take you back to the main menu- only now at the top in white it will say Safe System is: ENABLED

After I enable safe system my phone will bo0t to a blank screen. it will get to the safestrap screen but after that just a blank screen. The only thing I have found is to disable safestrap and the phone boots normally. Its like after I put the phone in safe mode i am stuck in step 2. I have rooted my OG Droid and my Droid 3 so what the hell am i doing wrong. Thanks alot in advance.

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
Well I guess I am not that smart. I was just enabeling safe system without flashing a rom.