S6 edge will not startup. pics of screen attached

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
I have a S6 Edge that will not start up.

I have attached some pics of what is on the screen. Sometimes the Samsung logo will flash. Phone will do nothing else

Any idea on what the failure is??

Thank you

Attachments

• 20160924_105610.jpg
    20160924_105610.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 20160924_105629.jpg
    20160924_105629.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 170

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Come on troopes, wo/man down...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Did you just get this phone? I know nothing about Samsung but that screen about a custom OS looks to me like someone tried to modify the system

OP
D

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
I have owned the phone since new. Was working fine, then just started doing this. Not dropped, no water issues.

Normaly shows battery screen or flashes Samsung logo. The other screen, the custom OS screen, i can get to by holding down the up vol, power, and home buttons. I posted this pic to show that some of the phone still operates and that it is just not stuck on one screen

OP
D

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
So:
if plugged in it shows the battery screen and does nothing else. pic shown in first post
Unplugged it flashed the Samsung logo screen. Pic attached to this post
The custom OS screen, i can get to by holding down the up vol, power, and home buttons.
Phone does nothing else but these three things

Attachments

• 20160924_115049.jpg
    20160924_115049.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 151

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Something saying the charging is the problem. But I really don't know Samsung devices. Maybe @cr6 would know?

Are you using the original charging cables? Do you have another one to try?

OP
D

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
Note the "static" at the bottom of the screen. It is present regardless of charging or not. Yes have tried different cables

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Did you happen to let the device's battery run down to 0% ? Also, is this an S7 or S6? The title says S7, but your post says S6. (Just noticed your last picture shows S6, so I'm assuming it's the S6)
How long have you owned the device in terms of months? What model is it, who is your carrier?

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Did you just get this phone? I know nothing about Samsung but that screen about a custom OS looks to me like someone tried to modify the system
Good point. Did you happen to go into Developer options at anytime and change anything before it started happening?

S5 tap'n

OP
D

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
Yes I let the battery drain all the way down, then recharged. No difference.
Yes is an S6, my mistake on the title as I purchased a S7 as a replacement. I tried to edit the title, but it will not let me.
No modifications were done to the phone, very few apps installed.
Phone is about 16 months old. Dont know where to find the model Number on this phone?? Carrier is Kievstar in Ukraine. I live part time there and part time here in the US.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Ok, for future reference: NEVER let the battery on your device drain to 0%. It can cause problems exactly what you're experiencing now. Throwing your phone on the charger throughout the day between 30-60% is optimal to maintain a healthy battery. If that isn't possible, make sure you throw it on the charger at or before 15%. If you get down to around 20-25%, turn on power saving mode and leave it on until you can plug it in. If it still reaches about 10-12% and you're still in power saving mode, simply power down the device until you can plug it in.
Now that that is out of the way. You'll first want to plug the device in overnight with the stock charger that came with the device. From there, you'll want to do a hard reset. Granted, this is going to erase all the data from your device and set it back to factory default settings, but at this point you don't have many options.
  1. With the Galaxy S6 powered completely off, press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power” buttons simultaneously.
  2. When the Samsung logo appears, release the “Power” button, but continue to hold “Volume Up” and “Home“.
  3. When the “Android system recovery” screen appears, release all buttons.
  4. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
  5. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
  6. Wait for the reset to finish. You will eventually be prompted to “Reboot system now“. Press “Power” to choose that selection.
Let us know if this solves your problem.

OP
D

dustinwinkle

Reaction score
This happened before the battery was drained to zero. Battery drain was happened when I flew back from Ukraine to Hawaii.

Vol up, home, power goes to the The custom OS screen as pictured. Any button hold or press during logo does nothing. Phone just continues to flash logo on and off