Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge 12 Frequently Asked Questions

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-edge-colors.jpg

Since we have such an amazing community of Android fans, we thought it would be useful to create a list of the 12 most Frequently Asked Questions we could think of regarding the Samsung Galaxy S6 and/or Galaxy S6 Edge. We culled some data and came up with the following 12 questions. Obviously, there could be some additional questions that we didn't think of, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Below we shared the questions as well as individual links to the questions. We purposefully didn't answer them, because we felt it would be more beneficial for our fellow members who own either of these devices to share their more experienced perspective. Please, if you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge (or have spent time with one), click on each of these threads below and answer the question with your point of view. Thanks!
  1. How is the fingerprint data on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge stored? Locally or elsewhere?
  2. Is the fingerprint scanner on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge better than on the Galaxy Note 4?
  3. Does the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have a mute mode with the volume controls?
  4. Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have a one handed, shrinking screen mode like the Note 4?
  5. Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 and/or S6 Edge have a high contrast mode and/or manual brightness?
  6. Is there a strange greenish color on the Galaxy S6 Edge's edges?
  7. When you use the Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge from a close distance, do you see pixels?
  8. Does the camera bump on the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge cause accidental damage?
  9. Is the Samsung Galaxy S6 and/or S6 Edge at least splash resistant?
  10. Does the shape of the Galaxy S6 Edge create "mistakes" and "mis-touches"?
  11. How does the Galaxy S6 Edge feel? Do the thinner edges make it more slippery?
  12. Can I pre-order an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge from a carrier?
All of these questions can be found in our dedicated section on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, right hear: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Great post David!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I was very Disappointed Holding the S6 Edge. Nothing like the Note Edge with its edge having Usability.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My question is.. Why did they make the s6 edge with less functionality than the note edge?? I would've thought they would've built and added in to it.. Especially with both sides now "edged"... I don't get it..

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
That was my thought till i held it. S6 edge is Slim. Dont want to say it but seems gimmicky. The Note Edge's Edge Screen has its own use. You can do this with it. Not the S6 Edge. It looks nice but Since there is no functional difference it think it becomes a liability protecting it. I was hoping it was like the Note Edge but on both Sides. Lets see what the Note 5 Brings. I hear it will be awesome.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's interesting.. I didn't know that the Edge screen was just a wrap around screen with no functionality. That certainly changes my plan to buy one...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's interesting.. I didn't know that the Edge screen was just a wrap around screen with no functionality. That certainly changes my plan to buy one...
There is some functionality to it, but nothing on the level of the Note Edge. Most reviews that I've read of the S6 Edge say it looks really cool, but that they recommend going with the standard S6 given the price difference and minimal functionality of the curved edges on the S6 Edge.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
#13 - Does the S6/S6 Edge have unlockable bootloader...?!
That's carrier dependent. Most carriers lock the bootloader. International variants typically have unlocked bootloaders.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
#13 - Does the S6/S6 Edge have unlockable bootloader...?!

I am expecting Samsung to lock the bootloader on the 6 and especially the edge.

As far as edge functionality I saw a review that showed it featured the alarm clock, sports ticker, and some of the same features I saw on the note edge. I don't own either so can not say for sure they have all the same features.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i stand corrected

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah. I haven't messed with an s6e but i have my hands on a note edge just about every day... I sort of like the idea... But don't use it enough to be sure..

Had I designed the s6e I would've gone with a heavier ui to make it more usable and less gimmicky.. They missed a golden opportunity here... They did a much better job with the note edge.. So much potential.. Wasted..(my mom said the same thing until I turned 25 lol)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It makes no sense to have less functionality on the S6E. Perhaps functionality will be added in the future.