Run Android Apps on Windows PC with BlueStacks App Player

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Nus9-Tu_J9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nus9-Tu_J9k[/video]​

Here's something new and intriguing. A new startup company called BlueStacks, has unveiled an early alpha version of their BlueStacks App Player software. This software allows you to install and use Android apps on your Windows based PC without having to modify your Windows OS. Initially, the alpha will be available as a free download, with limited use. This test version comes pre-loaded with ten apps, and can support an extra 26. BlueStacks also has a free Cloud Connect app, that will help you port third-party apps directly from your handset to your computer. Certain apps are currently prohibited in the alpha version, like the popular Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, but these will be made available later once the finished and paid version of the BlueStacks app is finally released. Above is a video demo/teaser, and below is a download link.

Source: Engadget and BlueStacks

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool Andy emulator for Windows. This will undoubtedly increase android's popularity among the masses.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with dataviz documents to go instead of $100+ for ms office for my new PC...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

maniaryan

Reaction score
i love that they have a terrible looking blown up version of windows on a macbook pro

classicccc

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Got an invitation/alpha test build download now. May try it out later..

Mmracing

Reaction score
The only problem I see with BlueStacks is that to use their cloud you have to associate it with a Facebook account. Many people are refusing to do this which is making the developers look for another options. They have ask if people would agree to associating it to their Google account. I'm not sure about that either.

kevincat

Reaction score
Its rooted!

I got Root Explorer installed, and can navigate the /Data? directory, and i got talk installer to work. Now all i need to do is get google apps installed!dancedroid:heart:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Curious to know how you might handle navigation without a touchscreen. I assume they will be working painstakingly to adapt the touchpad to do that.

I use and really enjoy Sweeterhome as my launcher, and it got to be unuseable to edit on the underpowered Droid. A bigger screen and power of the PC to do that would be freakin' awesome.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is this suppose to work? I installed it and cant seem to start it. I do see the icon on lower right but cant seem to start anything. o_O is thisjust adding the ability to start .apk to windows?

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've been trying to find out if this is an android or motorola feature. But when I connect a bluetooth mouse it goes like this.

(Well first,you do get a mouse pointer on screen.)

Left click is touching the screen.
Mouse wheel left and right is swiping the screen
Mouse wheel click is menu
Right click is back.

That's all I can recall atm. No multi touch that I've figured out yet, but it does work. And that I can simultaneously connect a keyboard along with hdmi mirroring, and my phone replaces my laptop when traveling.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

combatmedic870

Reaction score
How is this suppose to work? I installed it and cant seem to start it. I do see the icon on lower right but cant seem to start anything. o_O is thisjust adding the ability to start .apk to windows?

You need to add the icon to your widgets on the right

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums